General Carowinds discussion
By GriffonBoy69
I know I had said i would get that picture of AB's new logo last week, but ive been REALLY busy >.<
However i did take pictures of some of the changes that i noticed that havent been mentions previously.

New kaleidescope queue

umm.....

They removed the old WWF signage

And replaced it with this??

The new AB signage

They removed the T-G star...

However!!! there is still one more :D

Thats it for now.
PS: if these are too big, sorry... i can never find a good way to properly resize images...
By Jonathan
I laughed pretty hard at the old sign just stuck right there. It looks like something that would be done in RCT2.

The Whitewater Falls sign looks like it was done in Powerpoint. I keep giving the park the benefit of the doubt, but a lot of things just seem real half-assed.
By GriffonBoy69
I completely agree,
I havent been in thrill zone, but as of last week, we still dont have a drop tower sign...
Honestly, it seems like they put everything off until the last minute this year, they didnt even take out TG's sign until 2 or 3 days before the park opened
By MarkD
Taking down the "shade" is going to make the summer heat even more unbearable. Imagine the kids and parents getting sunburnt and sweating like pigs waiting for the slaughter. Jonathan, I think you can change your half-assed to half-baked on this one. :!:

As for the signage? WTH is going on? Surely this isn't a play off Smarter than a 5th Grader 'cause it looks like that's who is designing them. Who approves these things anyhow?

Oh well, I just hope C3 this year brings great news as I am looseing faith in our park. I know we are in Charlotte North Carolina but don't treat us like a bunch of backwoods hicks.
By GriffonBoy69
Once again, I completely agree. I certaintly wasnt born in some shack outin the woods, and I'm willing to bet that most of charlotte hasnt either. Im hoping that they are refurbing the WWF sign, cause the current one looks temporary ( although, they shouldve done that during the offseason) at least the queue has gotten new wood replacing the old railings. For kaleidescope sp? it also looks temporary, since the support columns are still standing, hopefully we will see a new roof there ( again, offseason??)
By Thriller
WTH happened during the off-season at Carowinds this year? I might could understand if we had a new coaster, some flats, and a wave pool, but nothing but the swings and a wave pool. I have seen some changes that where needed, but as far as the signage (drop tower sign is in), it all looks like crap and CF should be ashamed of their job! Carowinds is not changing fast enough with the rest of the parks in America and will soon be so far behind, there will be no hope!
By GriffonBoy69
Unfortunately, I wouldnt be surprised at all if that were to happen...
Has anyone talked to Scott about whether the "big" plans are still a go?
By Dukeis#1
GriffonBoy69 wrote:New kaleidescope queue

Well, I'm glad they kept the 70s style Kaleidescope logo. I don't know why they got rid of the old White Water Falls sign in exchange for that ugly machine-printed one though.
By bgwfreak
Jonathan wrote:Image

WTF?

Scott said that the roof was in bad shape.

So I guess it makes me wonder why they are saving Thunder Road, since it seems like it was in bad shape too. :lol: Cedar Fair policy: If it's old, and falling apart either call it Mean Streak or tear it down!
By bgwfreak
GriffonBoy69 wrote:Any word on whether there will be a new roof anytime soon wes?

Shade? At Carowinds?

Surely you jest.