Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By KDCOASTERFAN
#28163
bgwfreak wrote:I just saw over on TN that some are claiming that track has started showing up at KD.

If I see the pics online before you guys I'll post it here.


Clint & Will are at the park now & have spotted some yellow supports being offloaded from one of the semi's but no word on the track yet.The clearing behind anaconda is getting bigger as well so something's definitely happening now....my guess is the colors will be red track/yellow supports for this ride in the traditional CF fashion.

Clint posted that he'll have the pics up when he returns,probably later this afternoon or this evening.Don't be suprised if that red B&M track we all saw in Ohio probably ends up at KD & not carowinds though.
User avatar
By coasterdave
#28193
Do not be surprised if that Red Track does end up at Carowinds. I mean you would think that we would have saw the Yellow supports at the Fab shop in Ohio long before they showed up at KD.
By aaronf1991
#28213
Just an idea to throw out there...but does anyone know what happened to Flying Super Saturator? Were the support beams yellow?
User avatar
By Davidtmp
#28215
aaronf1991 wrote:Just an idea to throw out there...but does anyone know what happened to Flying Super Saturator? Were the support beams yellow?

Are you trying to say that CF would relocate a ride they couldn't give away into another one of their parks?? They wouldn't ever do that would they???? (end sarcasm)
User avatar
By swampfox43
#28227
Little late to the dance here.....but....

......since these do appear to be Intamin supports, the rumor I heard last month may hold a little more truth. Typically, rumors I hear are just brushed aside but this particular person has had connections with the park since the 1970's so my ears perk up just a little more when they come from him. So here goes....

He told me it was going to be a 400ft launch (Top Thrill Dragster) style coaster. <----- wrong, see below

It may be that this info is floating around KD boards already but I have not been following them so I don't know.
Last edited by swampfox43 on June 3rd, 2009, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By GriffonBoy69
#28256
Do you know how much Kinzel HATES his decision for dragster??

besides, look at how reliable that and KK are >.>...
By KDCOASTERFAN
#28275
GriffonBoy69 wrote:Do you know how much Kinzel HATES his decision for dragster??

besides, look at how reliable that and KK are >.>...


I agree & the last thing KD needs is a coaster with low capacity & frequent downtime.I'm hoping for an intamin mega seeing as this probably won't be from B&M & I hear that more site work has been done with the clearing extending all the way to rebel yell's turnaround & possibly beind the ride south of waterworks.

There are some youtube vids posted on the net but for some darn reason I CANNOT get any of them to work,all I get is a blank page or blank image where the video should be embedded into the person's post.
User avatar
By swampfox43
#28277
KDCOASTERFAN wrote:
GriffonBoy69 wrote:Do you know how much Kinzel HATES his decision for dragster??

besides, look at how reliable that and KK are >.>...


I agree & the last thing KD needs is a coaster with low capacity & frequent downtime.I'm hoping for an intamin mega seeing as this probably won't be from B&M & I hear that more site work has been done with the clearing extending all the way to rebel yell's turnaround & possibly beind the ride south of waterworks.


And I totally misquoted my friend. We talked today and he told me he heard it would be a Millenium Force type (at a guess of 350', not Dragster. Now, I am not saying he is right by any means. Just someone I have trusted in the past.
User avatar
By coasterbruh
#28282
millie force type could just mean the type of coaster ie: the track...
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 39

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests