General Carowinds discussion
By carowindsman6654
coasterbruh wrote:
carowindsman6654 wrote:When I said the last time Cedar Fair did that, I was referring to posting a cell phone pic of the ride name on a forum. And how do you know that thing with Behemoth was on purpose? Maybe it was mistake. That's probably why they changed it. If it wasn't a mistake, they would have kept it on there. If they wanted to do buzz marketing, why didn't they do it on their website instead to get to more people? Smart marketing is when you can get the information out to the most people for the cheapest price. That would mean putting a teaser on their website or a prop at the entrance to their park like they did with Cobra, not a cell phone pic on a forum. I might be annoying, but you're the one always posting off-topic pics.

Listen einstien, at first the site was BUILDING THE ACTUAL COASTER behemoth, some coaster geek figured it would be a good idea to change the date and time on his pc and low and behold when it did that the entire coaster was constructed on their website. Cedar fair got wind of that and CHANGED the image to be constructing patriot, then they CHANGED the image to be construction patriot. Cedar fair leaks all the time. There was an image of maverick that was leaked before the official announcement. You will never understand that the people in the coaster comminuty are the most vocal than someone who goes to a website just to see the hours and time. If the coaster community wasnt sooo influenial then why hold coaster events like coaster shock. Why not just give the entire park a sneak peek at scarowinds...no they give the people who they know will spread the word the sneak peek. Even people can atest on here that they found this site more informative and ask questions here before going to the park website...why, because we are considered the "experts" and generally give an unbiased view on lots of things.

But again you are blabbing like you are the director of a marketing firm and you know what works and what doesnt work. And the picture I posted was very on topic because you are becomming (for a while now) very annoying in your know it all attitude...

Jarvis "when is school starting back up again" morant

If it was a viral marketing campaign then why did they take it off their website? How do you know that picture of Maverick was leaked by the park? Could have been leaked by the architecture firm building the coaster. Coaster Stock is a public event which means anybody can get a sneak peek at Scarowinds just as long as they are willing to pay for the ticket. I highly doubt more people come here looking for Carowinds information before going to the park's website. Have fun believing that though.
Last edited by carowindsman6654 on July 21st, 2009, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By b&mcoaster1095
carowindsman6654 wrote:If it was a viral marketing campaign then why did they take it off their website? How do you know that picture of Maverick was leaked by the park? Could have been leaked by the architecture firm building the coaster. Coaster Stock is a public event which means anybody can get a sneak peek at Scarowinds just as long as they are willing to pay for the ticket. I highly doubt this forum gets more views then the park's website. Have fun believing that though.

It would've been released for the same reason we're tlking about, publicity!
By carowindsman6654
b&mcoaster1095 wrote:
carowindsman6654 wrote:If it was a viral marketing campaign then why did they take it off their website? How do you know that picture of Maverick was leaked by the park? Could have been leaked by the architecture firm building the coaster. Coaster Stock is a public event which means anybody can get a sneak peek at Scarowinds just as long as they are willing to pay for the ticket. I highly doubt this forum gets more views then the park's website. Have fun believing that though.

It would've been released for the same reason we're tlking about, publicity!

Ok, fine. You win. I don't feel like arguing anymore. :)
By ParkPro
I would put money on it that this is the first phase in a teaser campaign to create hype about the new coaster. I think we'll see some teasing at Coaster Stock and I think it will build into next week. Again, if the photo was taken off of the desk we think it was...then what is her title??? PUBLIC RELATION=PUBLICITY! Hello!
Some questions I have that I can't seem to figure out the answer to. If this is viral marketing campaign, how come the guy who started this thread hasn't posted the other pics he has? Better yet, why didn't Dani just post the photo herself? The name for Cobra last year wasn't released early on purpose. Why would the name for this coaster be released early? Remember, Dani was the PR person last year too. See how I make it look like this isn't a PR stunt? Just sayin. Oh and Jarvis is always right...always. :mrgreen:
By Diamondback FOF
ParkPro wrote:I just find it really hard to believe that they have nothing better to do then send us pictures. Reading screamscape, and looking at the photo, I do not see why he thinks it was photoshopped. It looks like a cell phone photo to me, even the demensions of the photo screams cell phone. What do you think, bruh? You're the artsy one!

Also-I get the 'too organized' theory. It does look a little "too perfect". Maybe she was getting ready to head to a meeting or was organizing thoughts. I dont know. But the date 7-23-09 should have NO significance because... think about it: How quickly do you think a designer would turn around and make the changes that they suggest with their revisions? Especially if it was meant for a Coaster Stock announcement! NOT ONE DAY. It is unlikely!!!

I think its real. thats my two cents.

That is what I said a couple pages back, that everything would not be ready for Coaster Stock. It'll be couple weeks later.

carowindsman6654 wrote:
ParkPro wrote:Good point. Then we may have been had. What if the logo is a fake to throw us off then?

And when was the last time Cedar Fair or Carowinds did that?...

Cedar Fair and Kings Island did it last year. They put up a teaser sign that said 'Ride Sally Ride' to hint towards a Mustang theme. Don Helbig was later asked about it and said that's what they did.

carowindsman6654 wrote:
b&mcoaster1095 wrote:
carowindsman6654 wrote:
And when was the last time Cedar Fair or Carowinds did that? [speaking of the logo maybe being a fake] :roll: They wouldn't go to this much trouble to throw off a couple coaster enthusiasts. Remember that the general public makes up the majority of park attendance. They don't care about what a few of us think.

I've already told some of my GP friends what the name is, and they've told their GP families, who told more GP people, which then spreads to larger institutions filled with the GP. The Coaster Enthusiasts aren't the ONLY people who know about this, I mean, KD's track sighting was on the local news. And if they didn't care what we think, they would have told all of us...

Seriously, the park cares ALOT about this, no matter how many people know about it. America is awful at spreading rumors. All I know is that I'm sure someone got fired.

If they wanted to spread the word, then why didn't they just post on their website or send out a mass email? Maybe post something on facebook or twitter that gets to more people faster? Yes, it spreads to the GP when posted on coaster/park forums but not as fast as it would if doing it the other ways I mentioned.

Maybe they want people to speculate about the logo and not not certainly if it's official and if that will be the name? :wink: Also, I doubt someone was fired.

b&mcoaster1095 wrote:
ParkPro wrote:Bravo, Jarvis!

The last time I checked, leaking a cell phone picture onto a forum is FREE publicity, and that photo has made it halfway around the world by now. This could just be the beginning of some viral campaign. Keep watching the website and I'm sure we'll see twitter and facebook taking off. I think they know what they are doing or we wouldnt be having this conversation to begin with. Seriously, that picture is being talked about on all the major enthusiast sites...INCLUDING other parks' fan sites. I applaud them. (if it is a leak, of course ;) ) If not, then buzz has been created here first so that we would spread the word and the GP would begin to hear the buzz and really respond once this whole campaign really takes off.

I'm looking forward to seeing what else the Carowinds marketing team will pull out of their sleeves.

Yup, like I said, I also think this is a stunt. If it wasn't, wouldn't we have seen a press release denying it, or saying otherwise?

I doubt that. That would make it official that something is coming to the park.

Also, I'd be willing to bet that coasterjunkie79 works at the park. The way the first post is worded makes it so everything could be truthful.
Also, I think this is a publicity stunt. I do not, however, think White Lightning will be the name. I think that was to create buzz about the 24th, and then the 24th will be used to create buzz about a day in August, which is not to be spoken about at this time. :)
Diamondback FOF wrote:Also, I think this is a publicity stunt. I do not, however, think White Lightning will be the name. I think that was to create buzz about the 24th, and then the 24th will be used to create buzz about a day in August, which is not to be spoken about at this time. :)

That is confusing. Why not just put a teaser on their website like they did with Cobra? Wouldn't that be easier? :?

Carowindsman6654,

Not trying to be mean, but I don't think you're getting the concept of this 'marketing technique'. Do you think Dani is gonna log on to the site, create this thread, post the WL picture and say, "Oh, here guys, here's a teaser for our brand new B&M hyper named 'White Lightning'."? No.

Also, this is a much larger coaster than a used Vekoma Boomerang, creating more of a 'buzz' around the park. There definitely is a higher chance that the park would want to release a teaser for this coaster over last years.

And finally, I think the reason the other pictures weren't uploaded was because after FSUNolez requested them from CoasterJunkie, he seemed to have left and never logged back on. Because I think this is a stunt, I want to know who he/she is and how they got the picture in the first place. This person sure is mysterious...

See how I make it look like this IS a PR stunt? Just sayin.
carowindsman6654 wrote:
Diamondback FOF wrote:Also, I think this is a publicity stunt. I do not, however, think White Lightning will be the name. I think that was to create buzz about the 24th, and then the 24th will be used to create buzz about a day in August, which is not to be spoken about at this time. :)

That is confusing. Why not just put a teaser on their website like they did with Cobra? Wouldn't that be easier? :?

Because then it is 'offical' that the park is putting in a coaster named White Lightning. Now, people can debate if it is real, if that's that name, etc. It creates more buzz among people, thus getting more publicity, thus getting more people to come to Coaster Stock (thus more nickels being spent in the park), thus people then coming back on a certain day in August (thus more nickels being spent), thus everyone being happy (you people knowing about your coaster and Mr. Kinzel getting more nickels into his deep pockets) :lol: . It's real simple :wink: :lol: .

No, it wouldn't be easier. It'd be just as easy. Log onto Carowinds Connection, create a fake account, and make a couple posts. It'd take no more than two minutes to do all of that. Putting a teaser on their website would take longer.
b&mcoaster1095 wrote:...

Carowindsman6654,

Not trying to be mean, but I don't think you're getting the concept of this 'marketing technique'. Do you think Dani is gonna log on to the site, create this thread, post the WL picture and say, "Oh, here guys, here's a teaser for our brand new B&M hyper named 'White Lightning'."? No.

Also, this is a much larger coaster than a used Vekoma Boomerang, creating more of a 'buzz' around the park. There definitely is a higher chance that the park would want to release a teaser for this coaster over last years.

And finally, I think the reason the other pictures weren't uploaded was because after FSUNolez requested them from CoasterJunkie, he seemed to have left and never logged back on. Because I think this is a stunt, I want to know who he/she is and how they got the picture in the first place. This person sure is mysterious...

See how I make it look like this IS a PR stunt? Just sayin.

Yes I do in regards to your last question. I told you I wasn't the smartest cookie in the jar. :D I actually hope it's a PR stunt. I want the White Lightning name to return. Maybe Carowinds found Coasterjunkie through his IP address and got him arrested. :shock:
carowindsman6654 wrote: Some questions I have that I can't seem to figure out the answer to. If this is viral marketing campaign, how come the guy who started this thread hasn't posted the other pics he has?

Its better to watch dogs fight over one bone than the whole cow...

carowindsman6654 wrote: Better yet, why didn't Dani just post the photo herself?

Thats too easy. It makes it more interesting and taboo that its a mystery on who posted the picture. Like in movies when a note is left, if they just say yeah so and so left a note. That would be boring.

carowindsman6654 wrote: The name for Cobra last year wasn't released early on purpose. Why would the name for this coaster be released early? Remember, Dani was the PR person last year too.

As it was said...this is a project of a different caliber...

See, to those who like to send me pm's on how "mean" i am, I can be a nice guy :wink: but I dont know for how long...
coasterbruh wrote:
carowindsman6654 wrote: Some questions I have that I can't seem to figure out the answer to. If this is viral marketing campaign, how come the guy who started this thread hasn't posted the other pics he has?

Its better to watch dogs fight over one bone than the whole cow...

carowindsman6654 wrote: Better yet, why didn't Dani just post the photo herself?

Thats too easy. It makes it more interesting and taboo that its a mystery on who posted the picture. Like in movies when a note is left, if they just say yeah so and so left a note. That would be boring.

carowindsman6654 wrote: The name for Cobra last year wasn't released early on purpose. Why would the name for this coaster be released early? Remember, Dani was the PR person last year too.

As it was said...this is a project of a different caliber...

See, to those who like to send me pm's on how "mean" i am, I can be a nice guy :wink: but I dont know for how long...

HAHA My bad man I was not trying to start nothing I was just speaking my mind as you do! and btw im not captin save a h** im captin slave a h**! CHUUUCH