General Carowinds discussion
Mountain3307 wrote:I agree, this is the first of many "teasers" to come... Heck I wouldnt be surprised if there wasnt "something" sitting somewhere in the park Friday morning.

Look at the buzz a simple picture has created... :lol: :lol:

Coaster Stock just might be the day track shows up.
why does the track at B&M have to be for carowinds? why cant carowinds track already be complete here in a warehouse waiting for construction to reach a point where it is needed. the carowinds area is full of empty warehouses due to so many businesses closing on westinghouse. just my 2 cents.
lazor 22 wrote:But He is saying why does that red track have to be Carowinds. What if ours is already all here and will be brought out when necessary?

Why would they have moved it by now when they can just wait until they need it shipped? The B&M plant is only a few hours away. When Carowinds is ready, the track/supports will be shipped from the plant and placed in a part of the parking lot like you see at Kings Dominion. They aren't going to hide it from us.
chknwing wrote:why does the track at B&M have to be for carowinds? why cant carowinds track already be complete here in a warehouse waiting for construction to reach a point where it is needed. the carowinds area is full of empty warehouses due to so many businesses closing on westinghouse. just my 2 cents.

Because it costs money to rent warehouses to store track. Also, they would probably have to rent more than one unless it is one huge @$$ warehouse. Plus, it would be a waste of time to put track in a warehouse, then have to send it to Carowinds. It's not, nor has it, happened. :wink:
chknwing wrote:because maybe B&M needed the space to build another coaster for another park? btw I went to KD yesterday, that park blows carowinds away. I wish carowinds could get just 1 launch coaster. heh road fof, volcano like 3 times each.

Do you realize how big the B&M plant is? Where's JamminJ with that aerial pic? :mrgreen: Also, if they did run out of space they would have shipped it to Carowinds and put it in the parking lot to save money. Cheaper doing that then putting it in a warehouse.
Last edited by carowindsman6654 on July 21st, 2009, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diamondback FOF wrote:You see, it wouldn't be B&M that would need the space; it'd be the Clermont Steel Factory. Also, they have plenty of space for their projects. Items wouldn't need to be shipped out until the customer needed them.

Why don't you go check it out for us? :wink: You live in Cincinnati.
All I can say is that White Lightnin' logo--real, fake, photoshopped, leaked or planted--is butt ugly. But I really appreciate whoever is orchestrating the head games. Now, I would love to see some inventive logos from you creative types out there for 'Firestorm' (which is the name I'm partial to) and 'Intimidator' (which is the name a lot of people seem to like and/or think it's going to be).

fire·storm (frstôrm)
n.
1. A fire of great size and intensity that generates and is fed by strong inrushing winds from all sides