General Carowinds discussion
http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=12352794
In case the link aboves expires, I went ahead and pasted the story below.
From Carowinds:

CHARLOTTE, NC - Carowinds, the 112-acre combination amusement and water park is searching for approximately 70 men and women actors and models (ages 18 and up) for a commercial shoot for television taking place on Tuesday, April 27 at Carowinds for filming on our new roller coaster, INTIMIDATOR. Filming is scheduled to take place from 10am-6pm. Talent should be prepared to arrive by 9am. Actors and models will ride INTIMIDATOR throughout the day so interested persons should be comfortable with riding through several cycles of the ride at speeds of about 80 mph, although we will change out talent as needed.

Talent should dress for summer and appear as nice, clean cut park guests. No logos on tee shirts. No visible tattoos or piercings. No flip flops. If we have cooler temperatures, wear removable hoodies over short sleeve or sleeveless shirts. Talent must be atleast 18 years-old. Lunch will be provided.

Commercial will air in North and South Carolina DMAs and selected markets in Tennessee and Georgia.

Interested persons should contact Jack Stevenson at jack.stevenson@carowinds.com. Please include your phone number, e-mail address and a current photo.
Yea I was just watchin the cam and saw all the cars, almost forgot about the commercial shoot. I wish I coulda been there. I didnt even send a picture lol. Oh well, if you were in it then you are lucky! I am surprised they dont have the trains on the track and testing.... I wonder when they will do that..
swampfox43 wrote:CHARLOTTE, NC - Carowinds, the 112-acre combination amusement and water park is searching for approximately 70 men and women actors and models (ages 18 and up) for a commercial shoot for television taking place on Tuesday, April 27 at Carowinds for filming on our new roller coaster, INTIMIDATOR. Filming is scheduled to take place from 10am-6pm. Talent should be prepared to arrive by 9am. Actors and models will ride INTIMIDATOR throughout the day so interested persons should be comfortable with riding through several cycles of the ride at speeds of about 80 mph, although we will change out talent as needed.
hmmm I guess they didnt change it today, even though its going to rain tomorrow. I wonder if all the cars that were there were prepping for the commercial shoot or something? Oh well, have fun!
Ok so I've been watching the webcam and there doesn't seem to be much activity going on today for the filming...although there a ton of cars on the South Gate side of the parking lot. Like more than there probably should be for filming a commercial with 70 people. Make you wonder if it was exclusively for Intimidator or they are also filming shots through out the whole park again.
yea I didnt see much happening earlier, but I just saw a train pull into the brakes. Doesnt look like anyone is on it though. Did the hail hit at carowinds? It hit here for like 10 min or so. Now its just kind of dark out and cloudy. Oh well, looks like they are shooting no matter what...
they must be putting the trains away in the shed because if you look the transfer part is missing, and if you look close the other train is sitting on the MCBR
Attachments
imageCAG9UQ8N.jpg
imageCAG9UQ8N.jpg (53.82 KiB) Viewed 1986 times
rctdcifreak wrote:Ok so I've been watching the webcam and there doesn't seem to be much activity going on today for the filming...although there a ton of cars on the South Gate side of the parking lot. Like more than there probably should be for filming a commercial with 70 people. Make you wonder if it was exclusively for Intimidator or they are also filming shots through out the whole park again.

No activity for long periods is typical. It was even in 1977 when I got that "ever-so-cherished" excused absence from high school to do the White Lightnin' & Thunder Road commericals. Sometimes we would sit in the train for 30 minutes before going. But when your 17, it's all fun regardless. It took the most part of the day to do enough clips for a 30 second commercial.