General Carowinds discussion
By will1313
wow im excited...... less than one week away from opening night.... is it usualyyy crowded then
By IamtheIntimid8tor
will1313 wrote:wow im excited...... less than one week away from opening night.... is it usualyyy crowded then

On opening night there's a decent amount of people, but it's not uber crowded like it gets in october.
By Whitesoxsfan21
I'm actually going on opening day this year. Last year, I went on the day after opening day and the park was nearly empty! I'm beyond psyched for Scarowinds this year. Fury will defiantly not disappoint.
By will1313
well since its a hour drive an nobody would bo with me on opening night.... i decided to go the following fridayy... any expection on crowd size then
By Picklesthedrummer
I just saw on Screamscape that Six Flags parks have their hunt mazes cost extra. Six Flags' chain makes me sick sometimes on what they make you pay extra for. Im surprised that they dont have pay toilets or extra cost water fountains. On another note, Just a few days till I can experience Fury!!
By will1313
i went once when i was about 10.... there haunted house was horaible and lazy... the actors just stood there... the chainsaw guy chaced us and didnt even crank it up...
By IamtheIntimid8tor
Picklesthedrummer wrote:I just saw on Screamscape that Six Flags parks have their hunt mazes cost extra. Six Flags' chain makes me sick sometimes on what they make you pay extra for. Im surprised that they dont have pay toilets or extra cost water fountains. On another note, Just a few days till I can experience Fury!!

It makes me wonder how Six Flags is able to retain any business whatsoever :|
By intimidator rider
Could anyone tell me if Flying Ace Aerial Chase will be open during Scarowinds because I am thinking about taking my little cuzing and that is her favorite ride last year it was not running but in 2009 it was.
By RiDeWaRrIoR
^ I have no idea what coasters will and will not be running. I would think there would be more of a change of the ride being opened on Saturday than Friday, but I dont know.... Maybe after Friday we will be able to answer that for you... I wont be going for a few weeks but I am sure someone will be going this weekend...
By Picklesthedrummer
I will be there on Friday. I can't say I remember that it was running last year. I dont think it was. I will make a note to pay attention to see if it is running Friday though.
By Wolf
intimidator rider wrote:Could anyone tell me if Flying Ace Aerial Chase will be open during Scarowinds because I am thinking about taking my little cuzing and that is her favorite ride last year it was not running but in 2009 it was.

I'm 90% sure it's open, but be careful... Flying Ace Aerial Chase is right next to The Playground. However, you get a great view of the scare zone from the Flying Ace queue line.
By CoasterKat
somebody mentioned six flags so i figured, why don't i compare carowinds to six flags scare-tactics.
How about i don't.
Six flags scare-tactics aren't scary, just disgusting. Almost everything has to do with eating humans and dont get me started on the contaminated Georgia thingy.
How nauseating.
I'm sooo glad that i get to go to carowinds and not six flags.
By hdmech
Ok, so carowinds put their media event online........they said that whoever went, got to do fury! they also showed a bit of eternal jamnation......it's an ok show from what I saw.....but there really seemed to be a lack of choreography, as they were mostly walking around in circles singing...... :roll: I CAN DO THAT IN THE SHOWER........at least this one is appropriate! :lol: