General Carowinds discussion
By marissajanae85
I'm going opening night! I'm a youngster and I was a chicken last year, so I'm going in EVERYTHING this year!! EXCITEMENT
By will1313
hdmech wrote:Ok, so carowinds put their media event online........they said that whoever went, got to do fury! they also showed a bit of eternal jamnation......it's an ok show from what I saw.....but there really seemed to be a lack of choreography, as they were mostly walking around in circles singing...... :roll: I CAN DO THAT IN THE SHOWER........at least this one is appropriate! :lol:

please post a link.. i cant seem to find it :evil:
By Picklesthedrummer
I will be there!!! Im so pumped. My friend got won one of the guest blogging positions on Carowinds' Facebook page. As a result we get a back stage tour of Scarowinds 2 hours before it opens. We are scheduled to also see the makeup be put on and other stuff the park does to prepare for the even. Also get to go through Fury before the general public. Hope I can take pictures!
By iball
if hdmech and I see you (we met u in line for intimidator in june or july) we'll be sure to say hey
By RiDeWaRrIoR
Hope you guys have fun tonight! I just checked the cams looks like low crowds tonight. Is it ever busy on the opening night? I have never went the first night it was open so I don't know how it usually is. From the looks of the snoopy starlight cam, they have the lights on the trees glowing in orange, so its good to see they can use what is already there, unless they added that for Scarowinds. I wish I could do a backstage tour that would be so awesome. Cant wait to go in a few weeks, this is my favorite event.
By will1313
didnt make it tonight. going next friday... any houses to hit first.... pro and cons????
By Whitesoxsfan21
All in all I had a lot of fun. The scare zones and the general atmosphere is a huge step up this year. Fury was honestly a huge disappointment. Me and my friend who went in there both agreed that it wasn't even a tad frightening. Defiantly not a good replacement of the Slaughter House...
By bananabeak
Whitesoxsfan21 wrote:All in all I had a lot of fun. The scare zones and the general atmosphere is a huge step up this year. Fury was honestly a huge disappointment. Me and my friend who went in there both agreed that it wasn't even a tad frightening. Defiantly not a good replacement of the Slaughter House...

Fury was just odd, needs some work. The shirtless guy at the end was creepy acting like he was high and trying to dance with me. They definitely need to get some stuff added to it. My favorite of the night would be our second trip through Last Laff we were the only ones in there and the scharacters had some fun with us.

DId anyone else notice how bad most of the haunts smelled at least at one point of each attraction?
By Picklesthedrummer
Got back from Scarowinds and it was a blast. I can't judge Fury fully yet since I was the very first non media group and there seemed to be a lot of confusion with the staff. I dont think it was running to it's full potential when I went through it. I will post the pictures of the back stage tour tomorrow on my FB and allow everyone to see.
By Coasterguy
SCarowinds Halloween haunt XI was a total let down this year. Fury sucked, it wasn't long enough and there was a lot of places were there was nothing. Camp Killauee was terrible, the actors were not in to it they didn't try to scare any one in my group. The Asylum was like that to they just didn't try. the best ones there was Last Laff and Defex. i know its the first day so i will go tonight and see if it gets any better (I hope it does).
By Picklesthedrummer
Scarowinds opening night was not perfect but there was a lot of things in the park that has been improved greatly. Many new props and of course new monsters. Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular's lights are used during Scarowinds, which is great to see. The back stage tour was very interesting to see how the park is transformed into Scarowinds. We started by entering where the employees enter the park near the entrance of Camp Wilderness. After walking through the areas in backstage we entered the park next to Carolina Cobra. We were heading to the location where all of the monsters are prepped in Boomerang Bay. Each monster takes between 3-15 minutes to get the makeup on. The process works like an assembly line where the staff waits for a makeup artist's chair to open up. From the tour guide I found out that the process starts at 3:00 pm since there are 500+ monsters to prep. After we left Boomerang Bay we went through a walk through of Cornstalkers. Cornstalkers had a few new props and seemed a little longer than it use to be. Interesting fact about Cornstalkers is that each year 10,000 stalks of corn are used to create the maze. After the Cornstalkers maze we headed to Dead Inn. Dead Inn is mostly the same from last year with a few new props added in. We then continued with walking around the park and go through Cemetery and Feeding Frenzy. Overall it was a very interesting tour where I found some interesting fact about Scarowinds and Carowinds. Scarowinds has increased its monster population from about 450 to over 500 from last year. One thing that I found surprising is that a company is NOT hired to transform Carowinds into Scarowinds. The staff of Carowinds is the ones who make the transformation. I was told that Paramount however did hire an outside company to make the transformation. A few notes about Scarowinds once the event started. Fury had lots of confusion with it's staff, but then again I was the very first group of Fury so I will have to come back to fully judge it. Camp Killauee is in a much better location than it was before.

Here are the pictures I took from the event last night
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2435897258369.2138491.1279847741&type=1