General Carowinds discussion
By iball
that link wont work
By Picklesthedrummer
iball wrote:that link wont work

What is the problem with it? I set the album to public so everyone should be able to see it.
By Picklesthedrummer
Wolf wrote:Haha, you caught me creeping in one of your photos :P

You the one on the bridge in Playground?
By iball
i dont have an fb account thats probably why
By Wolf
Picklesthedrummer wrote:
Wolf wrote:Haha, you caught me creeping in one of your photos :P

You the one on the bridge in Playground?

... Maaaybeee :)
By iball
Whitesoxsfan21 wrote: Fury will defiantly not disappoint.

Looking back to this I remember thinking the same thing, when I went in I was so excited and ready to be scared but I wasn't; it sucked and hopefully they will fix the kinks but if not I'm gonna be really angry, the line theming is awesome and raises expectations only to shattered while walking down the dimly lit walkway with the purple flash to the bus, and out the door.
By Whitesoxsfan21
I agree^. They hype it up to a great potential in the queue then it slowly dies as you go through the maze. I hope they add more elements into the maze itself. There were defiantly a lot of bare spots where we got to literally relax and walk. That's not really something I enjoy in a maze. I like to be on my feet the whole entire time and Fury did not deliver that. The whole general idea of the maze is amazing. I was very excited for it. I seriously think the elements in the maze need to be a little bit more though and re applied.

Now on to more positive things, I went in Defex, Silver Screen Sinama or however you spell it, and Fury. I wanted to go in more mazes, but my friends were too afraid. Hahaha, one of em literately didn't go into any of the mazes. I must say that both SSS and Defex were very nice. I was on my toes in both of those mazes. I literally didn't know what to expect the whole entire time. The park defiantly stepped it up in decor wise. It felt like a different park with all the stuff they added. The actors were very awesome. I felt more like I could react with them more this season than last.

I defiantly plan on trying to get another visit in some how. It was very enjoyable!
By iball
@Whitesoxfan21

agreed, the park was better and I thot defex had been inproved a lot if they just raise the bar a little for fury it will be a lot better, if u go again stop by camp k, its very good this year
By marissajanae85
I really enjoyed my trip!*contains Spoliers!!*
Me and my friends were the VERY second people to go into Defex when it opened and it was amazing!
I loved the props and the actors,
but it was very loud so I had to plug my ears in like, every maze I went in (Asylum, Defex, Camp Killauee, Fury[wasn't loud], Dead Inn and Last Laff).
But Asylum was great~ I'm usually a scaredy cat that has to be between two people in everything but I was actually singular with no people beside me but my friends were behind and infront of me, plugging my ears really helped~ Did anyone see the Bunny in Defex? I walked right beside him and he 'hopped' away!
Dead Inn was impressive, I really liked it! All the people infront of us ran out screaming and I was like 'Oh no..' But that wasn't scary. And there was a girl saying 'GO RIGHT GO RIGHT!' and we went left, which lead us to a real Dead End. So we WERE supposed to go right in the end :lol: . We skipped Silver Scream Sinema because that line was long!
My next subject is Fury. I half understood this one.
All I know is: Military, Super Soldier, Injection.
But it was very realistic and Futuristic, I liked that.
There was a bloody shirtless, fat guy who bumped his big belly into me in there and I was like 'Ewww :shock: '
But overall I was impressed with it~!
I was trying to agree with my friends that it was bad so they wouldn't tease me you know?
But I REALLY did like it!
Last Laff was great too! But I accidentally tripped over a clown in the mirror part because he was on the floor crouching and I was like , 'Oh god I'm sorry!'
And at the end there was a clown on stilts and he chased us, but he was pretty cool~!
Asylum was crazy wicked!
Who saw the toilet? I nearly lost my dinner, YUCK!
I loved it though~
Camp Killauee was...I guess it was okay..
They moved it and changed like everything. It's more camplike but it had a lack of good scares.
Well, that was my mini review~
By ragdahl
I was there Saturday night and had a really great time. My favorite mazes were Last Laff and Defex (temporarily lost hearing in one ear) followed by Dead Inn and The Asylum. Last Laff had 2 great scareactors working the line outside. It was hysterical watching them.

I was really looking forward to Fury, but I also found it very disappointing. I think that if you’re going to have a maze themed around an experiment to make super soldiers, make sure you put scareactors in the maze that look like soldiers. No offense to the scareactors who were in there, but most just didn’t fit the part. There also weren’t that many of them and that left large, scare free sections of maze. This maze has a lot of potential. It was just the second night, so I hope they get this maze together. My advice would be to pull some of the biggest, most intimidating people that they’ve got and put them in there.

Camp Killauee also had a lot of potential, but it didn’t do it for me. The new area was nice, but the setup just didn’t work. There were areas that were far too large to work for scaring. Most of the time, the scareactors just got lost in the setting. In one section, there’s a “scare window” almost 10 feet off of the main path. There’s no way the person stationed in there could catch anyone off guard. Saturday night was completely overcast, which caused the sky to be lighter than normal (almost like a full moon). This maze might benefit a lot from a much darker night.

I have to give the park credit for keeping the lines moving at a nice pace while at the same time spacing groups out in the mazes. I don’t think we waited long than 15-20 minutes at the most. I never noticed any of the lines backing up really bad.

I’m hoping to go back a couple more times this season!
By will1313
this was very unexpected.... a chainsaw guy in dead inn.............. we were the frist group in and it freaked me out horriabley because i didnt think there was one there. great addition
By Picklesthedrummer
will1313 wrote:this was very unexpected.... a chainsaw guy in dead inn.............. we were the frist group in and it freaked me out horriabley because i didnt think there was one there. great addition

Dang it I skipped that one Friday becuase of the long line and I have done it before. I am going to pretend I didn't hear there is a chainsaw guy in there now :D
By Picklesthedrummer
Is the swaying room in Last Laugh new this year, or did I totally miss that both times I went through last year?
By Wolf
Picklesthedrummer wrote:Is the swaying room in Last Laugh new this year, or did I totally miss that both times I went through last year?

No, it's been there. It's usually so disorienting, though, that you miss it the first few times.
By iball
intimidator rider sent me a PM asking how long FURY is, the answer is about 3 minutes I have no idea how to pm so i hope he sees it here, please help me figure out how to send a pm thanks!