General Carowinds discussion
By will1313
Fury was still bad.... But most haunts were good an the actors actualy tried..... Camp K had a pretty long line but it was worth it.... I still think Dead Inn is the best escpecialy in the front
By arby
^What time did you go? I was there 8-10ish and there were a lot of people there. Season parking lot was over full, they had us park in the bus/rv parking lot. We went last night because people said Friday nights aren't as busy as Saturday nights. Last night was busier than when we went last Saturday night and all the lines to the haunts were about twice as long.

By the way, here is my TR of Scarowinds - http://www.tarheelcamper.com/2011/09/scarowinds-2011.html
By jordN1414
Yeah season pass parking was full but did you see the regular parking lot? No one was in it. Parked basically right up front. I never go to the season pass parking lot anyways.... If you thought it was busy definitely do not go in October.
By Edwardo
I went last nite as well. Fury? Meh. It could be good, but it lacks a lot, IMO. Nice house, but the story and the actors need work. I have to say that CornStalkers really scared me. I usually don't get too frightened, but it was better than ever. Camp K was better this year too, got a few frights in there.

Still have to go back and do Defex, Asylum, and Sinema, but I did all the others. Last Laff needs to be retired or completely redone. It's just not fun. And there was no line.

Park wasn't packed, nice enough crowd, but not really crowded. Intimidator and Top Gun were running well. Hurler had a line so I passed (But good for Carowinds that it had a line).

Watched the 2 shows. Not impressed. I really wish they'd do something like Knott's hanging on the main stage out in the plaza. The musical review was okay but too corny. The heavy guy in the show really can't dance and to me, it really kills the parts he is in.
By arby
jordN1414 wrote:Yeah season pass parking was full but did you see the regular parking lot? No one was in it. Parked basically right up front. I never go to the season pass parking lot anyways.... If you thought it was busy definitely do not go in October.

I should have parked in the regular lot. I didn't notice. I also don't have anything to compare it to since this is my first year going to Scarowinds. Thanks for clarifying; so while it seemed busy to me it wasn't bad at all, then.

I'll try to stay away in October although I'm sure I'll end up there at least once more before the end of the year. We went a few hours today after buying our 2012 season passes. We had to go to the park since we are downgrading our Platinum passes to Gold passes.
By marissajanae85
bigdave1050 wrote:
Haannaahhhx wrote:
jeffdavis wrote:Which actor are you, and what room in Defex?

I'm a doll and I'm by the forklift room (the horn is broken sooo...) but I pretty much just chill around where that guy throws up in the barrel- my 'best friend'. Or in the corner where all the baby heads are on the wall and blue pipes are like, connecting them.

Best room ever! Take care of my forklift Shelia for me.

What are those tubes and baby heads supposed to represent? O_O
By will1313
If they actualy started the furry entrance at the big tunnel and added a couple more actors and threw some noise makers inside and actualy made it feel like they were taking over the world .... it would proably be the best maze there but this advice will proably never be taken so ohh well.
By will1313
Also i liked the feel of the ending of Fury but again, it didnt have actors or any loud gun noises..... it should just have actors runing around screaming and actualy like a war.... maybe i should just create my own haunt hahahah
By marissajanae85
At the ending of Fury, I love the guys in the giant Alien Suits shooting you~
And Charlie Boots is my favorite monster <3
By Mr.Nitro
Guys are the Flyers open during Scarowinds? I went last year and they were, went last Saturday and they weren't. I have friends coming from out of town to go Sunday and really hoping to hear they will be up and running.
By Wolf
If anybody finds the name of the music in Dead Inn, please let me know!!!