General Carowinds discussion
By uscbandfan
I wonder if the "popularity" of Nighthawk isn't skewed by the lack of capacity. I think if it wasn't SO SLOW loading trains, there wouldn't be that two hour line.

I guess if Nighthawk wasn't there and there wasn't a two-hour line, all of those people would be looking to get in other lines and make the lines on the rides the I want to ride longer. That's a silver lining.

My personal opinion... I couldn't care less what happens with Nighthawk and Vortex. I don't ride 'em. If Carowinds wants to keep 'em, then fine. If they want to replace them with something I want to ride... even better.
By tarheel1231
uscbandfan wrote:I wonder if the "popularity" of Nighthawk isn't skewed by the lack of capacity. I think if it wasn't SO SLOW loading trains, there wouldn't be that two hour line.

It is the 5th most ridden attraction in the park. if anything, its popularity is hampered by its bad capacity, not due to it.
By Glitch99
uscbandfan wrote:I wonder if the "popularity" of Nighthawk isn't skewed by the lack of capacity. I think if it wasn't SO SLOW loading trains, there wouldn't be that two hour line.

Additional capacity would only increase it's popularity - no one walks away because the line is moving quicker.

Popularity isn't based on the length of the queue line, it's based on the number of people who ride it.