General Carowinds discussion
By LocoDriver
I feel like starting a new poll. Who's tired of discussing the Sternwheeler.

I know it's early, but does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what's the next big step for Carowinds?

I personally still want to see a Hyper or a major wooden coaster. I think it will be a couple of years though before anything else big happens. By the way, I don't consider waterpark expansion to be a big step.
By coasterbruh
RETRACK HURLER!!! I never realize what people were talking about until i experienced it 2 weeks ago. the first drop is hell on the back riders and that unforeseen jerk before the first hairpin is soo much pain i was ready to get off right then. i seriously dont know what can be done about that...........does anyone feel the same..............???
By Dukeis#1
I'd Like to see a few flats:

Top Spin
Giant Frisbee
Return of The Wave Swinger
Return of the Trabant
Indiago
Hurricane
Condor
Gravitron
Tilt-A-Whirl
Return of the Bayurn Curve/Wild Bull
By G-UNIT
I want them to get some new flats also and sence we have a new park manager i think they will update thril zone with flats. I think they should get a crazy flat ride and call it "Retard"
By Trev32
Dukeis#1 wrote: I'd Like to see a few flats:

Top Spin
Giant Frisbee
Return of The Wave Swinger
Return of the Trabant
Indiago
Hurricane
Condor
Gravitron
Tilt-A-Whirl
Return of the Bayurn Curve/Wild Bull

They definatly need a Top Spin,a trabaunt,and a hurricane(they all r awsome iv'e ridden them before exept for topspin i wasn't tall enough) i agree they do need some flat rides
By montumax
coasterbruh wrote: RETRACK HURLER!!! I never realize what people were talking about until i experienced it 2 weeks ago. the first drop is hell on the back riders and that unforeseen jerk before the first hairpin is soo much pain i was ready to get off right then. i seriously dont know what can be done about that...........does anyone feel the same..............???

Try riding it 18 times in a row like we did this morning. I don't ride the Hurler in the back but everybody this morning was sitting towards the front :) To me, it seemed like its usual self. I heard a few comments that it was running pretty good. Maybe it will receive some TLC during the offseason.

Max
By LocoDriver
G-UNIT wrote: I want them to get some new flats also and sence we have a new park manager i think they will update thril zone with flats. I think they should get a crazy flat ride and call it "Retard"

I don't think the name "Retard" would be socially exceptable. How about "Equalibrium" :blink:
By MarkD
I personally would like to see some great leaps made in the Thrill Zone. As it is now there is nothing really thrilling. The Drop Zone is still cool but after you've been on one 300ft + ours is a little so so.... As far as the Hurler is concerned I don't get what everyone is talking about. You all seem to think it is so rough when I ride it a minimum of 5 times every time I go. The very first turn is taken pretty quick but I just lean into the turn and every turn after that. From the front or the rear I have never had any pain and I'm a 42 year old nut. My beef with the Hurler is that I believe it had slowed down after the secone turn.
Things I'd like to see in the Thrill Zone:
1- Add to Drop Zone to bring it up to hieght.
2- Remove Stan's and replace it with a Delerium
3- Add a Huge Top Spin
4- Theme the entire area from Carolina Boardwalk around to the Theater spareing no expense.
By Trev32
oh yeah a delerium!! i love those things i went on one at the Dixie Classic Fair(the brakes stopped working while we were on it so it lasted 10 min! :D ) i hope they make drop zone bigger too,cause if you think about it 160 ft isn't very tall,they should make it like 320 ft tall,now that would be thrilling! they definitly need a topspin
By coasterbruh
well my educated guess is that you cant "add" to drop zone. it would probably more feasible just to bring in another version (the 24+ seat ones) i think it would be a mechanical and financial nightmare adding more height.

like one part is gonna be aged before the other........
By CarowindsZone
I agree, coasterbruh. If they add on the drop zone's height, they would problemly need to remodel the car's position.
By Dukeis#1
I Agree with all of you. If Carowinds was to want a higher drop ride, they would probably have to demolish the current one and build a bigger one.

I'd love to see one of those huge 400ft 38-seater Intamin Drop Towers built, similar to the ones at Kings Island and Kings Dominion, and maybe with rotating seats like Acrophobia at SFOG, built at Carowinds and replacing the current Drop Zone. (Evan though I doubt I would have the nerve to ride it!)

But I doubt that will happen unless the Management has been smoking a large amount of Pot earlier in the day they make the call to Intamin <_<
By TFaile001
I betcha in 2005 we will get updates on our Water Works like PKI, no coaster though since we got one in 2004
By CarowindsZone
I agree!
By LocoDriver
I would like to see Carowinds add a Boomerang coaster and Delerium to the Action Zone. This would spice up the area without taking up a lot of room. The footprint of the coaster would be relativley small for a coaster and the addition of a delerium type ride would be a big improvement to our small collection of flat's.