General Carowinds discussion
By montumax
Hey,

Sorry to be late in posting this but I was at work when the call and email came in. Please arrive about 9:30 in order for the temperature to warm up. You know how steel coasters take a while to get going in cold weather. If anybody happens to get there at the regular time, Scott has promised plenty of entertainment and maybe food! Again, sorry for the lateness in getting this out. I sent out an email to the participants for tomorrows shoot. Its still on but delayed for almost two hours!

Max
By ThrillSeeker
If we were to show up at the normal time how will we get into the park without you there?
By montumax
Scott, the PR guy, will be there. Just go to the guard shack and they'll page him.

The only good thing about this is I can sleep late now. LOL
By ThrillSeeker
Does he have a list of names or something? I am going to wear my tan color sweater since it will be cold. If that is ok. The only reason i have to get there that early is because i have something near that location to do in the morning right before we were to meet.
By montumax
Everything is taken care of. He has names, etc.

See ya tomorrow. Bed time :)
By ThrillSeeker
Goodnight to bad i cant sleep :lol:
By MarkD
Well it's good news about trying to let it warm up.
My normal waking up time is 4:30 anyway for my work so here I am left to ponder if I should go ahead and get there early or wait. Seeing how I have never met Scott or anyone else it would be cool to get there a bit before most others but then again chilln' at the house for a couple more hours is also good for me.

Thanks for the heads up.
By ThrillSeeker
Hey go early i dont want to be there all alone. :(
By ChadLP02
I had a great time guys, it was cool finally getting to meet some people off these boards. I think I met Foreseer, not sure, but I got to talk to Thrillseeker and then talked to Max a lot. Wasn't expecting 16 assimilations... ;)

Btw, I was the dude with a black coat and jeans and a yellow long sleeve underneath incase anyone didn't know who I was or if I forgot to introduce myself. Some of us were hoping Dr. Possum would make a surprise appearance, but to no avail.
By montumax
Yes...Dr. Possum was the topic of much conversation...

Bring on the Borg next week! And the ducks!
By ThrillSeeker
Ahhhh my head feels like goo after 16 times around and around over and over. It was fun and i cant wait for the 30th. Lets see here a Laydown Launch Coaster yeah now theres a ride. It was nice to meet a couple people from the boards. Max man you are a silent one. Everyone tells me that I am.....Maybe they should meet you. Do you have to have a season pass to be in the shoot on the 30th? My friend would love to be there for maybe an hour or so but he doesnt have a season pass.
By MarkD
Yea Chad I was the one in the orangeish shirt and those bright white shoes. :)
When you think of Ducks think of Fabio.
It was good to meet more members from here and I think after all those rides we can say "Bring some Advil nextime" lol

Hoe come I kept getting paired up with the women and kids. Do I look like a Father fiqure or something! hehe But, that first woman I sat with can ride with me anytime.
By ChadLP02
Foreseer wrote: Yea Chad I was the one in the orangeish shirt and those bright white shoes. :)
It was good to meet more members from here and I think after all those rides we can say "Bring some Advil nextime" lol

Haha, ok, gotcha. You were next to me in the front row I believe? I agree with the advil- at some points your head can bang if you sit on the outside of the ride and are going into the corkscrews. Nothing bad at all but it can get to you after so many rides of course.

Was that woman's screename "CoasterHoe?" LOL, I don't know if I know what forum she posts on, but that was pretty funny when I saw her say that was her screename with a lowered voice to one of the people there. She sat next to me on one of the middle rows one time when Max mentioned how fun a stand-up launch coaster would be...that concept would look unreal.
By ThrillSeeker
Foreseer wrote: Yea Chad I was the one in the orangeish shirt and those bright white shoes. :)

Hoe come I kept getting paired up with the women and kids. Do I look like a Father fiqure or something! hehe But, that first woman I sat with can ride with me anytime.

Hey hey i was on your row the last 2 rides. I am about to turn 21 i am not a kid :lol: .
By ChadLP02
Foreseer wrote: How come I kept getting paired up with the women and kids. Do I look like a Father fiqure or something! hehe But, that first woman I sat with can ride with me anytime.

I don't know if I remember that woman...