General Carowinds discussion
By coasterbruh
You scare me kid...
By tarheel1231
Does anyone know what the chances are of getting a Proslide water coaster? Possibly one that doesn't feature a conveyor belt like Master Blaster?
By Firechaser
^If we were to get one which I kind of doubt will happen next year it probably would have a conveyor belt. Most of the great water coasters have them. Look at Wildebeest and Mammoth.
By tarheel1231
I just think it would save money to make a more slide-oriented water coaster and bring the price down to 5 - 6 million dollars like Wildebeest. Besides, I don't think the expansion money will stop at the last $6.5 million. I'm under the impression that the $50 million is just a bonus in addition to the money already going in for the five-year plan. They're clearing a lot of land, so i wouldn't dismiss one.
By RollerBee
Follow the trends, three new body slides and 2 or 3 raft slides like Kings Dominion. If Wildwater Kingdom closes, we will get part of all of that too.
By tarheel1231
It seems like Cedar Fair is trying to make Carowinds a two-day park by making the water park more enticing. I just don't see how adding the same generic stuff that every water park (not just in Cedar Fair, but around the country) is buying is going to make guests dedicate another day Boomerang Bay. I think whatever is replacing Thunder Road and the rest of the county fair should be Xtreme Waterparks worthy.
By RollerBee
Attendance with the exception of this is 75% Season Pass holders, by my estimate there is around 600,000 season pass holder that each go an average of 3(and that is a low number) times per year. They ain't got to worry about the park being a "2 day park", the season pass holders will come regardless if there is enough for 2 days or 1. Carowinds is and always be Regional park, Fury 325 will spike attendance just like Intimidator and Nighthawk, Cedar Fair's Rob Decker even said Intimidator caused a spike.
By Jonathan
Both Holiday World water coasters use LIMs not conveyor belts.

80% is a ridiculous estimation. For one that would put the park way above its actual attendance.

Matt Ouimet has said that the average pass holder goes 4 or 5 times a season. When the Paramount parks were first acquired they said that the legacy Cedar Fair parks had around 10% of their guests as season pass holders and the Paramount parks were at 40%. They saw that as a problem with the Paramount parks and aimed to get the single admission sales up, so I suspect that number is now much lower than 40%.
By RollerBee
Well the 75% number came directly from the Rides Manager at Carowinds in 2006. I suspect the Matt Ouimet has are the either chain, however the percentage may have went down. I can only go off facts I know. A good number of Season Pass holder go every single week of operation, I got so used to seeing the same visitors that I knew quite a few by name.
By coasterbruh
Roller...I mean this in the nicest way bt a lot has changed since your tenure. That was 10 years ago. You gotta lay low on stating facts that are outdated...
By RollerBee
Jonathan wrote: When the Paramount parks were first acquired they said that the legacy Cedar Fair parks had around 10% of their guests as season pass holders and the Paramount parks were at 40%.

These are also outdated which is what my last post was reference to.
By Edwardo
Stop choosing to live a decade ago :roll:

I don't think the trend of a few slides as has been seen at larger waterparks in the chain is what we'll see. In fact, now that I've seen where Cedar Point's big splash is going in in a couple years, I have to wonder if carowinds is the "prototype" for that.
By RollerBee
^Muttering much there? Explain "Cedar Point's Big Splash", haven't heard anything of this yet.
By tarheel1231
Edwardo wrote:I don't think the trend of a few slides as has been seen at larger waterparks in the chain is what we'll see. In fact, now that I've seen where Cedar Point's big splash is going in in a couple years, I have to wonder if carowinds is the "prototype" for that.

Interesting. So where have we landed on the chances of a water coaster?
By Edwardo
If I were trying to mutter, I wouldn't be responding directly to anyone. I do not think that word means what you think it means...

Of course you haven't heard about Cedar Points big splash. I just told you. Your're welcome.