General Carowinds discussion
By Sean978
Edwardo wrote:I have to wonder if carowinds is the "prototype" for that.

No way, that's Canada's Wonderland's job! :D
By coasterbruh
RollerBee wrote:
Jonathan wrote: When the Paramount parks were first acquired they said that the legacy Cedar Fair parks had around 10% of their guests as season pass holders and the Paramount parks were at 40%.

These are also outdated which is what my last post was reference to.

Dude...he was responding to you post that you made FIRST trying to calculate how many guest are pass holders...based on your 2006 Stats. Jon was speaking in the past tense. You were babbling and stating outdated facts as if they are relevent now, 10 years later. If you can't see that then I don't know what eose to say. why can't you just say ok and stop trying to point the finger when its pointed at you...
By coaster129
Possibly a Winged Coaster could be in play? :eh:
By shane235
^^ No. I would say there is about a .02% chance of a wing coaster for 2015. I'm still expecting a waterpark expansion + log flume/water coaster. Or something like that. I bet that Carowinds won't get another major coaster for another 4 years or so unless Cedar Fair is REALLY going for the "Cedar Point of the South"...
By gabed
coaster129 wrote:http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-trb-cedar-fair-dark-rides-20150415-story.html
Hmmmm?

You do know that article is two months old, right?

shane235 wrote:^^ No. I would say there is about a .02% chance of a wing coaster for 2015.

I'd say there is no chance at all of a wing coaster being added this year... :lol:
By coaster129
Dive coaster?
gabed wrote:
coaster129 wrote:http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-trb-cedar-fair-dark-rides-20150415-story.html
Hmmmm?

You do know that article is two months old, right?
Yes...

shane235 wrote:^^ No. I would say there is about a .02% chance of a wing coaster for 2015.

I'd say there is no chance at all of a wing coaster being added this year... :lol:
By shane235
^Still very unlikely. Most parks get a major attraction every 5 years or so, and we just got Fury this year. I would say that a dive coaster is a bit more likely then a wing, but not by much.
By gabed
^^If you're talking about this...

that's just a drawing of Baron 1898 at Efeling. Not really sure why the LA Times included that in the article.
By chknwing
lol yes they got a permit for a water park expansion from south carolina to build a wing coaster. Its the ultimate smokescreen
By gabed
I thought that he was inferring that Carowinds may get one. Either way it makes absolutely zero sense to include a dive coaster in an article about dark rides. I guess that's just my inner enthusiast getting upset by the gp's ignorance. :lol:
By coaster129
chknwing wrote:lol yes they got a permit for a water park expansion from south carolina to build a wing coaster. Its the ultimate smokescreen

Reword that please...
By RollerBee
I doubt they would file for a waterpark then built something else. I dare guess that would result in a fine.