General Carowinds discussion
By The Anomaly
Greetings fellow Carowinds enthusiasts. I bring word from the Oracle. She says that the summer months will hail the return of Days of Thunder on the currently inactive side of the Action FX Theater. Could it be that this is due to popular demand? Again, this is only what was told to me. We'll just have to wait until the summer to see if this prophecy will be fulfilled as we know how the park has been known to change things at the drop of a dime. What do you all think of this?
By Carowinds44
I sure hope so, that ride was awesome.
I was like 10 when I last rode that!!!
By BoRgAsSiMiLaToR
Well i guess days of thunder is OK. My favorite is elvira i think they should make that a permanent thing. They need to put something different in there that has never been there before. If they put it in there in the summer its only gonna be there til october when they put elvira in there for scarowinds...unless she dont return to scarowinds....
By Carowinds44
Yea that ride totally blows lol. That was the first thing I did at scarowinds, and it almost made me very dissapointed.
By IanZoid
I had said that today when I was at the park, Days of Thunder was when i was a little kid, it would be great to see how it is now that i'm older.
By MarkD
That was an OK movie to see but I never liked it that much. I never got used to the seats going in th opposite direction as the cars(banked Turns).
By Cephas
I will ride it at least once, I never rode days of thunder while it was there before.
By RollerBee
Days Of Thunder? returning? I hope so.
By ghettopastries
I hope so. I still think it is the best simulator out of them all.
By Dukeis#1
Days of Thunder is kind of what the FX Theater is remembered for. I guess because there are so many Nascar fans around.

I'd like to see it come back as well. Particularly since it would fit in with PPs sudden desire to have movie parks.
By carowindsfreak13
I hope so to. Iwant to ride it, since people are saying it is good!
By CarowindsThrills
BoRgAsSiMiLaToR wrote: Well i guess days of thunder is OK. My favorite is elvira i think they should make that a permanent thing. They need to put something different in there that has never been there before. If they put it in there in the summer its only gonna be there til october when they put elvira in there for scarowinds...unless she dont return to scarowinds....

The Elvira ride was really screwed. That happened to be my least favorite haunted attraction @ Scarowinds. The little pop-ins from her with her stupid little laughs got on my nerves throughout the entire ride.

I would like to see DoT in the theatre again. Whenever it was there I never rode it because I was afraid of how loud it was as Nascar Stock Cars are loud.
By Top Gun
Days of thunder sound pretty good, but I would have preffered a different Iwerks title. They have a formula 1 racing film avalible. The problem with these racing simulators is that the camera keeps switching away from your POV, and that can get realy anoying. But I am glad that they are not leaving side B blank. And I think that they needed to bring back something old so that they could spend money to remodel the FX Theater. Speaking of that, how are they thinking about remodling it, a 4D one? I don't think the seats move on a 4D theater, thats a huge downside.
By charlotteguy02
That's too funny, I was talking with a friend yesterday about how my favorite movie in the theater was Days of Thunder. I didn't care for James Bond, or the two crappy ones they had recently, the smash factory thing and then the hidden treasure one, whatever it was. Did anyone else try that one? Talk about a waste of money. I put that up there with Flight School as one of the worst things the park has ever done.
By BoRgAsSiMiLaToR
Has anyone ever rode that flight school thing. I think ONE time i saw people doing it and there was like a vertical trampoline and bungee cords i think but i dunno its never opend and its just a waste of space. Dont u think they should put like a flat ride there like delirium or sum kind of spin n barf ride. They totally wasted money and space on that stupid thing.