General Carowinds discussion
By Distopia
yawetag wrote:
Distopia wrote:
Glitch99 wrote:Is that because there was an injury? Or because there was a malfunction? Injuries happen without the ride being shut down at all, and rides break and are repaired without an immediate state inspection. What's the standard?

Maybe I'm wrong and it's just formality, but I'd say being shut down for a week indicates a rather significant issue.

“(1) The occurrence results in death or injury requiring medical treatment, other than first aid, by a physician. First aid means the one time treatment or observation of scratches, cuts not requiring stitches, burns, splinters and contusions or a diagnostic procedure, including examination and x-rays, which does not ordinarily require medical treatment even though provided by a physician or other licensed personnel; or...”
Source:
https://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislatio ... e_14b.html

Copperhead Strike is in South Carolina.

I wasn’t aware of that and I am only familiar with NC.

However I did find the SC Law.
“10) "Serious injury" means an injury that results in death or requires immediate in-patient hospitalization. A fracture or disfigurement is considered a serious injury even if no hospitalization is required. Notwithstanding the definition of serious injury, the owner or lessee of any amusement device under this section must maintain permanent records of all injuries sustained by participants utilizing the amusement. These records shall be open for inspection by any authorized representative of the department.”

“C) The owner or lessee of any amusement device which, during the course of its operation, is involved in an accident which results in a serious injury shall report the injury to the director immediately and in no case later than the close of business of the director's next business day. Any owner or lessee who becomes aware at a later date that a serious injury had occurred shall report it immediately and in no case later than the end of the next business day.”

Source:
https://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t41c018.php
By jjjones325
Random easy question: This is my first year with Season Passes and the All Season Dining/Drink Plan.

I know I'm good to get into Scarowinds and Winterfest, but are the dining and drink plans good then, too? Also, we got Platinum since we went to other parks this summer. Do I get full benefits if I go to say Kings Dominion Winterfest as well?

Thanks!
By coasterbruh
The one year I had the dining plan, it worked for SCarowinds as well. Also, my dining plan worked at both Kings Dominion and Knotts when I went.
By JWitter
jjjones325 wrote:Random easy question: This is my first year with Season Passes and the All Season Dining/Drink Plan.

I know I'm good to get into Scarowinds and Winterfest, but are the dining and drink plans good then, too? Also, we got Platinum since we went to other parks this summer. Do I get full benefits if I go to say Kings Dominion Winterfest as well?

Thanks!

Yes it will work for all parks. The cost of the season dining pass is more with the platinum pass because it gives you usage at all Cedar Fair parks.
By carolinaman
JWitter wrote:
jjjones325 wrote:Random easy question: This is my first year with Season Passes and the All Season Dining/Drink Plan.

Thanks!

Yes it will work for all parks. The cost of the season dining pass is more with the platinum pass because it gives you usage at all Cedar Fair parks.

Just know that if you go to Carowinds during the day and use the dining plan one time, you can only get one meal during Scarowinds even though it's a separate ticketed event.
By jjjones325
Thanks for the responses everyone. I just had a moment of doubt that my All "Season" Dining Pass might not cover meals when the "Season", i.e. regular operating times, weren't in effect.

Great news all around!
By Glitch99
carolinaman wrote:
JWitter wrote:

Thanks!

Just know that if you go to Carowinds during the day and use the dining plan one time, you can only get one meal during Scarowinds even though it's a separate ticketed event.

Is this from experience? Because last fall I was in guest services and overhead them explaining to another guest the exact opposite, basically that a new "event" means you get two more meals. So that's good to note, because, at least for myself, I tend to trust practical experience over the theoretical policies.
By JWitter
Glitch99 wrote:
carolinaman wrote:
JWitter wrote:

Is this from experience? Because last fall I was in guest services and overhead them explaining to another guest the exact opposite, basically that a new "event" means you get two more meals. So that's good to note, because, at least for myself, I tend to trust practical experience over the theoretical policies.

4 hours between meals is the only rule I am aware of. So you should be able to use it twice during Scarowinds visits as they are open for either 5 or 6 hours each night.
By carolinaman
This is from Experience. We tried to get another meal one night at Scarowinds, and was told we have already used the two for the day. From what was explained to me was Two meals per DAY, not event. Yes you can use the meal plan twice for Scarowinds if you have not used it earlier in the day, (during regular hours). Unless things have changed that is what we are planning on.
By Techedchart1551
hey guys
Im baaaaaaack

so a few updates on my life right now-
I did get to ride copperhead strike a few times- it was great! I also did a few flat rides for the first time which was great as well.
I also got to travel to Six Flags Great Adventure to get all of the credits there.
By deaconnor
Can the season pass bring a friend tickets be bought online? Or is it at park only? Haven't gotten to go to the park yet this year as I live in Atlanta but I may be able to go on 9/15.
By yawetag
deaconnor wrote:Can the season pass bring a friend tickets be bought online? Or is it at park only? Haven't gotten to go to the park yet this year as I live in Atlanta but I may be able to go on 9/15.

I believe it's park-only.
By jjjones325
deaconnor wrote:Can the season pass bring a friend tickets be bought online? Or is it at park only? Haven't gotten to go to the park yet this year as I live in Atlanta but I may be able to go on 9/15.

I was able to buy straight from the app for a friend to go on 9/1. Ticket shows up that I can scan right in the app as well.
By dirkdiggler1992
Forgive the potato quality, I’m sure many have heard/seen one of the Firehawk trains out by Fury:

Also moving quickly with lot expansion: