General Carowinds discussion
By Merthecat
I'm planning to head over to the park on Sunday. This will be the first visit for me in a while, so is there anything that's changed since 2017 that I need to know about?

Also, I'm surprised they're operating so late into November. Will all the big rides be operating as normal? I'm particularly keen on getting to ride Copperhead Strike, of course.

Thanks!
By hikernut79
yawetag wrote:https://www.carowinds.com/play/events/peanuts-celebration - click on "Rides Operating for Peanuts Celebration". Appears everything big is operating, though this is the last weekend for Intimidator.

From what I remember with the original news for Copperhead Strike, it's able to be opened throughout the year, including Winterfest.
Oh man I can't make it until next weekend - No Intimidator :( The weather looks cold this weekend and possibly warmer the next. Any chance they open it if it warms up?
By Coasterphreak
hikernut79 wrote:
yawetag wrote:https://www.carowinds.com/play/events/peanuts-celebration - click on "Rides Operating for Peanuts Celebration". Appears everything big is operating, though this is the last weekend for Intimidator.

From what I remember with the original news for Copperhead Strike, it's able to be opened throughout the year, including Winterfest.
Oh man I can't make it until next weekend - No Intimidator :( The weather looks cold this weekend and possibly warmer the next. Any chance they open it if it warms up?

Probably not because the gift shop is used for iceskate rental for Winterfest so they gotta start the switchover.
By pproteinc
^^ Intimidator’s last day of operations for the season is tomorrow. They’ve already removed one train that’s sitting on bricks under the lift hill being taken apart. Nighthawk. Afterburn and Vortex are now closed for maintenance. Afterburn will reopen for Winterfest.
By coasterbruh
You know I wrote that Sunday, stating that it was running Saturday . . .

If it had some down time i'm not sure but I saw it operating Saturday.
By hikernut79
Thinking about going to get a few end of season rides on Fury Saturday. Is everything else supposed to be running except Intimidator? I'm assuming the crowds won't be an issue even though it's a Saturday since it's so late in the season and it's supposed to be cool?
By coasterbruh
Be aware, Fury 325 may not open with the park. It seem's Copperhead Strike had a lower start up temp as it was running when I got there the past two weekends.
By hikernut79
coasterbruh wrote:Be aware, Fury 325 may not open with the park. It seem's Copperhead Strike had a lower start up temp as it was running when I got there the past two weekends.
Thanks man any lines to speak of last Saturday?
By coasterbruh
I only saw Intimidator with a line but I also saw its train broken down by the station so I don't know how many trains were running. I don't recall seeing a major line for Copperhead and I didn't go over near Fury.
By tarheel1231
hikernut79 wrote:Thanks man any lines to speak of last Saturday?

Intimidator was only running one train, there was one in the storage but they didn’t transfer it. Luckily I got on the first train of the day (around 1-2ish) so I avoided the line, but it was pretty bad immediately after it opened. I’d say to wait after noon around the plaza when it starts to warm up so you can get on one of the first trains and avoid the wait.

Fury had the longest line of the day of around 20-30 minutes, but they were running two trains and it was almost a walk-on around 3 or 4.

Afterburn and Copperhead Strike should be open with relatively short waits.
By coasterbruh

Those people are doing the absolute MOST. from driving damn near a half a day to a park in the off season to bringing an entire church group half way through the day, they are really acting, as I said over there, that Carowinds shut the government down! I can guarantee if they had to talk to someone and explain their extenuating circumstances, the park would have gone above and beyond. but complaining about it on social medial will get you pretty much no where.