General Carowinds discussion
By Justin
Happy season pass holder's night at Carowinds! Who else is excited to start the year off at Carowinds?!

I'm standing in line at the main gate right now. If you are attending tonight, let's hang out!

What do you guys run to first for opening day? Fury or dining?
By gabed
Even though this was the shortest off season in twelve years, I still can’t believe it’s already time for the park to open again! I’m holding off until next Friday to visit, pass holder night last year was too much for me.

To everyone who’s going tonight, have a blast and please take plenty of pics to share here! :wave:
By Hiveminded
Someone mind telling me why they painted the pavement in front of Fury and Hurlers area white? No that’s not concrete.

How odd looking. I haven’t been in Camp Snoopy yet but I did see the bathrooms and they look awesome!
By tarheel1231
Slightly more aesthetically pleasing?

I'm excited to see pictures! Hopefully I'll be able to make my first trip to the park over Spring Break.
By gabed
Anything would have looked better than the cracked and decrepid pavement that was there before, I’ll take it!
By Justin
Hiveminded wrote:Someone mind telling me why they painted the pavement in front of Fury and Hurlers area white? No that’s not concrete.
FD97E480-4ED8-4E23-A7E7-3440D999E95D.jpeg
How odd looking. I haven’t been in Camp Snoopy yet but I did see the bathrooms and they look awesome!

@hiveminded
Its a pavement coating that reduces heat coming off the asphalt during hot sunny days in the summer. L.A. is doing it to some of their streets. Black absorbs the heat and white reflects it.
By Chris
Hiveminded wrote:Someone mind telling me why they painted the pavement in front of Fury and Hurlers area white? No that’s not concrete.
FD97E480-4ED8-4E23-A7E7-3440D999E95D.jpeg

Black was hot?
By Justin
I love the timber arbors at Camp Snoopy! Its something I definitely want to do at my house! I like the rustic-woods feeling :)

(I tried to upload a picture, but sadly I don't have a 2005 cellphone that takes 1 mb pictures O_O)
By RollerBee
From the Skytower I seen no changes to the Whitewater area, it will probably be too dark to see anything by the time I get to the other side of the park.
By Justin
Jackalope1217 wrote:Can you confirm where they moved the gliders?

They are currently sitting in pieces under the Fury lift hill.
By RollerBee
Justin wrote:Happy season pass holder's night at Carowinds! Who else is excited to start the year off at Carowinds?!

I'm standing in line at the main gate right now. If you are attending tonight, let's hang out!

What do you guys run to first for opening day? Fury or dining?

Currently standing near Scrambler in front of the Carousel Park sign.
By Jackalope1217
Justin wrote:
Jackalope1217 wrote:Can you confirm where they moved the gliders?

They are currently sitting in pieces under the Fury lift hill.

Hmm. So are they coming later this season or 2019?