General Carowinds discussion
By Wood Coaster
New Topic for Carowinds Food for Year 2019

Anything Food related
New Foods to Try... Reviews.... Dining Plans.... Drink Plans..... Etc.
By Wood Coaster
Below is what is on the Carowinds Dining Plans for 2019

Beach Bites (Located in Carolina Harbor)
– Personal Cheese Pizza Basket
– Personal Pepperoni Pizza Basket
– Jumbo Hot Dog Basket
– Carolina Slaw Dog Basket

Blue Ridge Country Kitchen
– 2 Slices of Pizza (Cheese or Pepperoni) with choice of side
– Rotisserie 2 Slice Pizza Basket with choice of side
– Rotisserie 1/2 Seasoned Chicken Basket with choice of side
– Rotisserie Beef Basket with choice of side
– Black Pepper BBQ Sausage with choice of side
– Entree Salad with Choice of Meat with choice of side

Camp Cookout (Located in Camp Snoopy)
– Chicken Tenders Basket
– Cheeseburger Basket
– Hotdog Basket

Carowinds Burrito Cafe/Mac Bowl
– Burrito Basket (Review)
– Burrito Bowl (Review)
– Burrito Salad (Review)
– Classic American Cheddar Mac & Cheese
– Gourmet White Cheddar Mac & Cheese
– Baked Potato Basket

Chick-Fil-A
– Chick-Fil-A Sandwich Basket
– 8 Piece Chicken Nugget Basket

Chickie’s & Pete’s
– Cheese Steak Basket
– Chicken Cheese Steak Basket

County Fair Fries (Located at the Carolina Boardwalk)
– Jumbo Hotdog Basket
– Jumbo Corndog Basket (Review)

Harbor House (Located in Carolina Harbor)
– Chicken wing basket
– Hand breaded chicken tender basket
– Turkey leg basket
– Fried fish basket
– Fried shrimp basket
– Pulled pork sandwich basket

Harmony Hall (Located near Planet Snoopy)
– Choice of Pizza Basket (Review)
– Baked Pasta Basket
– Meatball Sub Basket
– BBQ Ribs Basket
– Beef Brisket Basket (Review)
– Pulled Pork Sandwich Basket (Review)
– Chicken Wing Basket
– Turkey Leg Basket (Review)
– Cheese Quesadilla Basket
– Chicken Quesadilla Basket
– Beef Quesadilla Basket
– Grilled Steakburger Basket
– Hand Breaded Chicken Tender Basket (Review)
– Jumbo Hotdog Basket
– Turkey Burger Basket
– Veggie Burger Basket
– Entree Salads (no side)

Jukebox Diner (Located in The Thrill Zone)
– Hand Breaded Chicken Tenders Basket (Review)
– Fury 325 Cheeseburger Basket (Review)
– Hot Dog Basket
– Patty Melt Basket (Review)

Panda Express
– Asian Entree Basket

Papa Luigi’s (Located at the Carolina Showplace)
– Pizza Basket (Review)
– Italian Sub Basket
– Chicken Parmesan Basket (Review)

Sharky’s (Located in Carolina Harbor)
– Chicken Tender Basket (Review)
– Cheeseburger Basket
– Jumbo Hot Dog Basket
– Chicken Sandwich Basket
– Sloppy Joe Burger
By yawetag
Tried several of these already.

In Blue Ridge Kitchen, I really enjoyed the Rotisserie Pizza. My wife had the chicken and said it was good, too. Kids had the pizza with no complaints. I could probably eat here and Harmony Hall all season and never get tired of the options.

Wasn't impressed with the Patty Melt from Jukebox Diner, and the kids weren't fans of their meals there, either. Coupled with the poor service, I don't see us making a trip there again.
By coasterbruh
You do not need a new thread every year when the one you made last year is general enough to continue food talk and empty enough to see what will happen to a new year specific version.
By Glitch99
Thanks for the updated list. Where did you copy it from, that had the linked reviews (the links didn't copy).

I'm glad to see the all day dining plan is back. Not able to visit often enough to make the all-season dining plan cost effective, the $30 all day plan is one of the best values in the park. The ability to try just about everything in the park (potentially 5-6 meals) over the course of the day for $30 is a tremendous value.
Last edited by Glitch99 on April 14th, 2019, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Oleson
That's actually fantastic bang for the buck indeed. And those meals are delicious too, from what I've heard. Not sure if that's correct or not.
By Glitch99
Oleson wrote:That's actually fantastic bang for the buck indeed. And those meals are delicious too, from what I've heard. Not sure if that's correct or not.

If you dont think a meal is delicious, it's only due to your individual tastes and preferences. They're all good quality options with pretty substantial portions, far from the stereotypical low quality/stingy/overpriced rip-offs you often see offered to a captive audience.
By pproteinc
I'm just upset Panda Express downgraded to one choice and serving a side. I would get the rice with orange chicken and beef and broccoli or the beef and peppers. Now you get a hefty helping of rice and one serving of a side leaving the third section of the plate empty.
By masterdirector
What easy take out options are there for 2019? The only one I've comfirmed so far is Chick-fil-A. It's nice to be able to take your last meal of the day with you if you want.
By Lit
We tried the Rotisserie Pizza at the Blue Ridge Country Kitchen and it was really good. I was really disappointed in the “theming” in the dining area. It seriously looks like someone from Cedar Fair walked around in Hobby Lobby for an hour and just tossed the stuff up, not a lot of authentic anything in there. I wonder what they did with all the stuff from Wings?
By yawetag
masterdirector wrote:What easy take out options are there for 2019? The only one I've comfirmed so far is Chick-fil-A. It's nice to be able to take your last meal of the day with you if you want.

The salad from Harmony Hall comes in an enclosed container. Other than that, I don't recall anything else being closed enough to walk through the park. You could always ask for a second plate to put on top, I guess.
By Lit
masterdirector wrote:What easy take out options are there for 2019? The only one I've comfirmed so far is Chick-fil-A. It's nice to be able to take your last meal of the day with you if you want.

I went to the Burrito Cafe today, service was pretty slow but the burrito was good. It comes wrapped in foil, your chips come in a little bag, and the salsa/queso containers have lids. It’s located near the front gate, I’d consider this a viable takeout option.

Maybe carrying a small bag in with you would make it easier to carry to your car.
By darryllee9
Am i the only one noticing that they are cutting the pizza in half at harmony hall? They didn't do this in previous years. This went from one of the best values in the park to the worst in 1 year.

Also they cut the portion sizes in panda express in half.

harmony hall pizza is half the size it was in previous years along with half size portions in panda express. This grossly degrades the dinning plans.

also lines at cash registers keep getting worse and worse.......not sure how to solve it but 3-5+ min conversations between costumers and staff need to be fixed. I have seen these lines get so out of hand it turns into a free for all..........people just leave with there food without paying/scanning cards .........

it was so bad in harmony hall a few weeks back .......my family of 3 with 3 dinning passes were" getting food to go" in harmony hall.......we were in line for 20 mins to check out..........we ate all 3 meals in line ......still no where close to checking out .......we left.........we were not the only ones.
By pproteinc
^ I can attest to that. From cashiers not yet familiar with the POS system to having legit conversations to not knowing what’s in the meal plan and not sure how to scan cards or phones. It’s a mess. I too ate my whole lunch in line at least 3x already as I rush in and out in my lunch break like a third of patrons at the 12pm hour. Badges and uniforms everywhere from the outside world. lol