General Carowinds discussion
By Carowindsman
Since i work at the park i want to know hows everbodys experience has been so far. What your likes are and your dislikes and all that good stuff.
By coasterbruh
suprisingly I havent been to the park for the regular season this year yet! In the process of doing a real big project that has me going to the other parks across the nation but I know I will be going some time next month.

Jarvis "Kinda miss going to the park every sunday" Morant!

Stay tuned folks, the internet will never be the same........

**July 2005**
By bgwfreak
Do you mean so far as in this year, or as in...ever?

If it's this year then I'd say it's good. About the same as last year.

The flyers have been great and the 3 times I've been there I've not had any problems with staff or anything.

One group on the flyers though was a little lax in enthusiasm though.
By fmuman85
The park is going well so far.

The staff have been really friendly, wishing me a good day. Ive only had a bad experience at the Happy Days Diner. Bad service and bad food.

The coasters are running great though!

Flyers are awesome!
By AMartin777
The Whootah Crew has had a great year so far (If I may be so bold to speak for everyone!). Be sure to introduce yourself next time we are out Carowindsman!

Good staffing, good food, great ride ops and Vortex is running great! ;)

Now let me see.... Wookiecon 2005 should be planned out....
By KenB
It's been a great year so far! The employees have been very friendly - I don't think I've gone a single time and not had the parking attendant ask how I was doing and wishing me a good day.

The rides have been running quite well. Hurler's retracking has improved the first half of the ride quite a bit, and shows me that Carowinds isn't going to let that one rot away from neglect. BORG's magnetic brakes are another welcome improvement. Top Gun is running great as always.

I haven't spent nearly as much time on the coasters, though. The reason, of course, is my new friend Danny Phantom and his Flyers. Since I finally figured out how to snap on a consistent basis, the flyers have become really, really close to being my favorite ride in the park. It must have something to do with being in control of the ride rather than going where it takes you. It's also quite interactive - it's fun to watch while in line, and it's fun to hear the crowd when you get a good snap. This is just an unbelievably good addition to the park. C3's flyer ERT should be interesting to say the least.

I'm also very impressed with the entire Nick Central area. While I have fond memories of the area from when I was a kid, it was in need of a makeover for today's kids which are the ones using it now. I've already praised the flyers, but also think the Flying Dutchman's Revenge and the new pathway are more good additions to the area.

The only "negative" I can really think of is the Dora train ride makeover could've been done better, but it probably works well enough with the target audience.

KenB
By KenB
Justin, is that you?

Hmmm - no mention of SFNE, so I'm not 100% sure......
By Cephas
^A perfect example of why pot shouldn't be legal.

Welcome to the forums btw.

OH! carowinds was great this year, just as good, if not better than last year.
By cmssucksbigggggggtime
I thought Carowinds was great all through out the years. There has been alot of drastic changes to the park.

We should all clap our hands to Carowinds! They have done a great job! **CLAPS**
By carowindsfreak13
So far this year, Ihave been to the park on opening weekend and I had a blast with the flyers. The Employees there had much enthusiasm and loved to be working at the flyers. As far as the other part of the park, I was thankfully that TR was some what painted to the lift hill.(I hope they finish it :D ) Overall I had no bad experences and give the park two thumbs up. :D
By Black Mamba
Well I think that the whole Nick Central area of the park looks very nice with it's makeover. That section was already my favorite area just by appearance anyway.