General Carowinds discussion
137ft is very reasonable but still larger than expected. My No Limits coaster ended up at 131 feet on the first larger version, and 101 feet on the newer smaller version. Those numbers could just come from getting the scale off and having no reference on exactly how high or steep an element is. And by invoking the White Lightning name as tradition for the last 3 coasters that guarantees that that won't be the name :lol:
137 ft tall where? When I look at the animations on YouTube based off the leaked blueprints, everything looks so low to the ground. Even the top hat doesn't look that tall. I'm trying to figure out where the tallest part of the ride would be.
113 feet lift, 125 feet drop, 144 feet tall...
I never understood why Carowinds went with the first two number originally then switched to last one later.
Edit:
Afterburn by the way.
Yep, this is their usual White Lightnin tease :lol:. Doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t be called that, but most likely won’t be.

I really hope it’s 137 feet tall, that’s a good height. I am just happy to see teasers!
RollerBee wrote:113 feet lift, 125 feet drop, 144 feet tall...
I never understood why Carowinds went with the first two number originally then switched to last one later.
Edit:
Afterburn by the way.

I still don't know what to make of Afterburn's height, as it's reported differently depending on where you look. To me, it definitely looks taller than Nighthawk, but it doesn't look 144 feet tall either (especially if you compare it to Intimidator's 150 foot tall camelback). Afterburn's peak looks to be at about the same height as Intimidator's turnaround, which is about 120 feet, but that's not a height that's ever been reported. :crazy:
sccoasterbear wrote:Shoot I wouldn’t mind the new ride being called Wild Bull. After all it could bust out of the chute and be as wild as an old bull.

I wouldn't hate that. Especially if they don't plan on converting Vortex.

Here's the logo I made for a possible RMC Hurler theme a while back:
Blue Fire has a 105’ loop, Time Traveler has a 95’ loop, Flash (still the record holder?) has a 160’ loop. Pushing 140’ seems like a stretch based on the alleged blueprint. I see ours falling in the range of TiT and Blue Fire. Now with the second launch being rather long based on the layout, perhaps the tophat will hit 137’...or just a reference to WL.
BelowThePeak wrote:
RollerBee wrote:113 feet lift, 125 feet drop, 144 feet tall...
Edit:
Afterburn by the way.

I still don't know what to make of Afterburn's height, as it's reported differently depending on where you look. To me, it definitely looks taller than Nighthawk, but it doesn't look 144 feet tall either (especially if you compare it to Intimidator's 150 foot tall camelback). Afterburn's peak looks to be at about the same height as Intimidator's turnaround, which is about 120 feet, but that's not a height that's ever been reported. :crazy:

I think the only reason why Afterburn is 144ft. is because that height must have been calculated from the bottom of the batwing which is the lowest point of the ride