What is your opinion on Nighthawk

Great Ride!
13%
Fun, but nothing special.
58%
I hate it with a burning passion.
29%
By tarheel1231
Thought I would make this poll since Nighthawk seems to get a lot of hate around here.

After riding it recently, I really enjoyed it. Felt like it was just a notch below the “Big 3” at the park. It wasn’t buttery smooth, but it was forceful and more exhilarating than the park’s other non-Fury/Afterburn/Intimidator coasters. I wouldn’t hate if they replaced it with something better but I’m fine with the ride as it is.

So what’s the general consensus on Nighthawk?
Pros: above average setting compared to other coasters in the park, guests continue to line up for it (for some reason), flying coasters are still rare somewhat.

Cons: embarrassingly slow load times, annoying corkscrews, not really comfortable in the outer seats, also reliability isn’t too great from my experience.

If I could have it my way I’d rip Nighthawk and Vortex out in one hit. Put a Gold Striker 2.0 in its spot. If you’ve been outside of the Carolinas for once you know how Hurler stacks up against top tier wooden coasters. There’s not much you can do to it, even Thunder Run is nothing to write home about. We want to continue seeing the parks lineup improve and a Floortex or Hurler with Millennium Flyers won’t do much, I believe the park can do better.
By mdsmith98
I don't understand all the hate for Nighthawk, and probably never will.

Is it amazing? No. Is it terrible? No. It's right in the middle. I hear a lot of people complaining about the roughness, it really doesn't bother me so much. My biggest complaint with Nighthawk is how long it takes them to dispatch trains. I remember before cedar fair had the park, Nighthawk (called BORG at the time) had terrible reliability. I remember seeing it "stuck" on the lift multiple times, that hasn't been as much of an issue in recent years from what I remember.

The only way I would want it to be removed is if a B&M flyer took it's spot. Imagine that. A beautiful B&M over the lake.

The GP love it, and that is really all the park cares about. It constantly has a long line, and they are willing to wait. I constantly hear Rob Decker and others say in interviews that guests "vote with their feet". They are voting positively. So i'd be surprised if it went anywhere anytime soon
Although I would jump for joy if we saw it removed along with VOrtex for a large roller coaster, I don't think it is a possible move for Carowinds. We can all agree that Vortex will most likely be converted as all the other B&M standups in the chain have already done it. It will create a mediocre ride, but at least it will be rideable. As for Nighthawk, I'd settle for new trains to improve the ride experience. They need to find a way to get more people through this ride. This change would probably be accompanied by lockers (yeah I know :roll: ), but it seems to me a lot of loose articles are lost on the ride. None of the general public can get their bags across the train and back to their seat without taking at least 45+ seconds and tripping over people to get into their seat.

In other loose article news, I was caught with my trusty fanny pack by the Fury grouper a few days ago. He asked me to go down the last lane line and get a locker for it then I could come up the fast lane line and get right on.
Koallinbear wrote:Although I would jump for joy if we saw it removed along with VOrtex for a large roller coaster, I don't think it is a possible move for Carowinds. We can all agree that Vortex will most likely be converted as all the other B&M standups in the chain have already done it. It will create a mediocre ride, but at least it will be rideable. As for Nighthawk, I'd settle for new trains to improve the ride experience. They need to find a way to get more people through this ride. This change would probably be accompanied by lockers (yeah I know :roll: ), but it seems to me a lot of loose articles are lost on the ride. None of the general public can get their bags across the train and back to their seat without taking at least 45+ seconds and tripping over people to get into their seat.

In other loose article news, I was caught with my trusty fanny pack by the Fury grouper a few days ago. He asked me to go down the last lane line and get a locker for it then I could come up the fast lane line and get right on.

or in the case of KD, they just flat out REMOVED their standup coaster. I like the Nighthawk and will ride it if I ever happen to be there and it's a short line, but I definitely don't go out of my way to ride it if there's a line, which like others have said, is almost all the time.

I like that it's unique and adds some variety to the coaster lineup. I'd hate for Carowinds coaster count to DECREASE by one just to replace it with something else. I'd rather get something else in terms of another coaster besides 2019 coaster, and keep Nighthawk.
By Capler
I can't vote because there is not a category that fits my opinion of the ride. It's not great, it's not fun either. I don't hate it either. I don't ride it because of the wait. Honestly, the ride is kind of bland to me. I would like to see it removed because it sitting on the most valuable real-estate in the park.
By pproteinc
tinotoot wrote:Yeah, I think it's a bit rough, but it's an exciting ride. I wish it had better themeing like BORG did, but whatever! Oh, and I wish it still took photos!

Pretty sure it still does. The just took the photo booth away and replaced it with the funpix viewer/scanner at the exit.
By fishels
MISTER FANBOY wrote:nighthawk is rough so I would like it to go away along with vortex so they could make room for a dive coaster. :D

This man gets it.

Both nighthawk and vortex are rides that feel gimmicky and just didn’t age well at all imo.

I’ve ridden each atleast 20 times with a open mind but I just don’t get enjoyment, only pain.
By gabed
I mean, I don’t hate the ride, it’s certaibly nowhere near as bad as other enthusiasts make it out to be. But you won’t see me shedding tears over it’s removal whenever that may be. I’ll asmit I hope that day is sooner than later, but for the time being, no, it’s not the worst coaster ever built.
fishels wrote:
MISTER FANBOY wrote:nighthawk is rough so I would like it to go away along with vortex so they could make room for a dive coaster. :D

This man gets it.

Both nighthawk and vortex are rides that feel gimmicky and just didn’t age well at all imo.

I’ve ridden each atleast 20 times with a open mind but I just don’t get enjoyment, only pain.

nighthawk is kinda fun but it takes an eternity to load and you lay there for 20 mins at the end.
By arby
The only issue I have with it is that you spend so much time on your back instead of 'flying' like most other flying coasters I have ridden. That's one thing that makes it kinda rough to me. But I still ride it on occasion...when the line is very short.