General Carowinds discussion
Could the size/weight of the person have anything to do with how extreme the vibration they feel is? For me it's been really bad every time I've ridden Fury, and I'm on the smaller side. I haven't been on it since 2016 and I really hope it's not as bad as I remember it when I come back in September.
aoriole19 wrote:Could the size/weight of the person have anything to do with how extreme the vibration they feel is? For me it's been really bad every time I've ridden Fury, and I'm on the smaller side. I haven't been on it since 2016 and I really hope it's not as bad as I remember it when I come back in September.

That's an idea. Not sure the size of all the folks in the forum. I'm 5'9" and 150lbs. That's probably smaller than some. It might be the more "cushion" you have around your bones provides less susceptibility to feeling the vibration. Makes sense anyway.
I've only ever noticed a slight vibration on Fury during the turnaround prior to the tunnel, its not headache inducing, and definitely doesn't take anything away from the sheer awesomeness that Fury is. I did find an interesting post on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters ... bm_rattle/) that gives a good explanation to what causes the vibrations.
Hmmm. I've never noticed a "B&M rattle" per-se. The only B&M that I felt what I'm feeling on is Fury. I've never felt it on Goliath (although I've ridden it a far less number of times.). Also never felt it on Intimidator. (Vortex I have a completely different problem with now that my ears have been smashed off.)
Anyway, I've ridden other B&M's around the country but most of those are one-offs so I have no real comparison to those since I haven't had a ton of multiple rides. I'll pay better attention next time.

As to the location of the vibration during the ride... I feel it starting at the bottom of the drop.... throughout the ride. I don't notice it any better or worse related to the the position on the course but I feel it related to the speed. I don't really feel it on the turnaround once the train slows down either.

So, maybe Fury DOES have this side-to-side thing.. but, as far as I can tell, that's not what I'm feeling. Maybe that's why I don't have any complaints from other B&Ms... maybe the side-to-side "B&M rattle" isn't a bother to me. To me it literally feels like a flat-spotted wheel.... and me always taking a Tylenol bottle with me to Carowinds has become a necessary reality because of it.
By gabed
Doubt it will be able to fend off Steel Vengeance for another year. Surprised it won this year, but SV will be bringing it home for the next few years and deservedly so. Until then, go Fury!
By tarheel1231
Yeah, seeing as how Fury debuted at #4 in 2015, and Steel Vengeance has debuted at #3, it's become abundantly clear that it's going to drop to second place next year.

Oh well, at least we'll be taking home best new ride! :thumbup:
By tarheel1231
I out of those three, I can only see Potter Coaster beating it. The Awards are biased towards Cedar Fair and Herschend, with Universal and a handful of independent parks occasionally receiving recognition.
By coasterbruh
Yeah, the only competition I see is Potter. I am tired of kings island getting it for kids area. I think KD has a better, larger area to be honest.
Not to mention the Mack family, I think our chances are pretty good. It checks the GTA’s boxes: American, respected manufacturer, Cedar Fair, and it appears to be a crowd pleasing ride, a safe non-controversial pick (don’t mean this in a bad way).

Fury may not be my favorite coaster but damn it was satisfying seeing the park get these wins the past few seasons. GTA’s are sort of a joke to us at times (Diamondback lol) but still nice seeing our park get the recognition. It will probably be the rides last year getting the award but the little plaza area is getting full anyway.
By gabed
coasterbruh wrote:I am tired of kings island getting it for kids area. I think KD has a better, larger area to be honest.

Would you mind saying that one more time just Incase anybody didn’t hear you?
By coasterbruh
I just can't believe that KI is considered better than fantasyland at any disney park!