No votes
0%
Intimidator
No votes
0%
Fury 325
4%
By Jrlooney88
Cyclone was built in 1980 whereas Tennessee Tornado was built in 1999. 20 years makes a ton of difference on those aging Arrows, also, Tennessee Tornado was built into a Mountain, so it may have more bed rock to support its foundation
By uscbandfan
Panthersfan43 wrote:Cyclone is by no means a great ride it is my second worst but vortex is worse it literally hurts your whole body

Agreed. I picked Vortex in the list. Cyclone and Nighthawk are my next 2.
By tarheel1231
uscbandfan wrote:Cyclone is up there on the "worst" list. Tennessee Tornado is an arrow looper and it's a GREAT ride. Why is cyclone so jerky and bad by comparison?

By the time Arrow got around to Tennessee Tornado, they were actually using computers to design their coasters. It also doesn’t hurt that Alan Schilke designed the ride.
By jeffdavis
Wait, how did Fury get 6%?

Tarheel, were you joking?

It might not be everyone's favorite, but it is mine. Is it the occasional wheel vibration?
By JWitter
Carowinds Sully wrote:Does anyone else black out every time on the cyclone?

Me :wave: , and that is why it got my vote over the nut crunching Vortex.
By tarheel1231
jeffdavis wrote:Wait, how did Fury get 6%?

Tarheel, were you joking?

It might not be everyone's favorite, but it is mine. Is it the occasional wheel vibration?

The vibration was so bad it literally broke my neck and killed me. -2/10 would not recommend. :thumbdown:
By Chris
uscbandfan wrote:Cyclone is up there on the "worst" list. Tennessee Tornado is an arrow looper and it's a GREAT ride. Why is cyclone so jerky and bad by comparison?

Cyclone used Arrow's old way of doing things. Arrow found a loop and corkscrew that worked, and proceeded to never change it, until Tennessee Tornado. If you notice, the loops on Vortex at Kings Island are the same size as Carolina Cyclone, they are just elevated way off the ground.
Tennessee Tornado is the first, and last coaster Arrow made that used their new designs. The supports look more like B&M and the loops are huge. Who was the designer of that coaster, you may ask? RMC's own Alan Schilke.
By uscbandfan
I rode it last week and it was fantastic. I was worried because I could tell right off that it was an arrow. Thumbs up to Dollywood. :thumbup:
By cwgator
RollerBee wrote:
cwgator wrote:
Carowinds Sully wrote:Does anyone else black out every time on the cyclone?

I have never felt such a feeling on an Arrow looper.

Never on any roller coaster.

The only thing even close has been on Kumba during the helix. That only happened once when it was near 100 degrees and I hadn't eaten recently (I'm diabetic) and was likely dehydrated...lol
By tarheel1231
How are y'all getting assaulted by Vortex? I always make sure to leave room when they're doing the seat adjustments.
By CCookieMonster
For me as SHORT MALE, riding vortex is a very painful experience as it beats up your groin area and then causes a headache from the restraints and then the extra G forces just make my legs feel like jelly! It's such a painful experience. :sick:
By RollerBee
CCookieMonster wrote:For me as SHORT MALE, riding vortex is a very painful experience as it beats up your groin area and then causes a headache from the restraints and then the extra G forces just make my legs feel like jelly! It's such a painful experience. :sick:

Hmm, are keeping bending your knees before the seats lock in place? If done correctly the seat shouldn’t be touching.
By LoveMeSomePrunes
RollerBee wrote:
CCookieMonster wrote:For me as SHORT MALE, riding vortex is a very painful experience as it beats up your groin area and then causes a headache from the restraints and then the extra G forces just make my legs feel like jelly! It's such a painful experience. :sick:

Hmm, are keeping bending your knees before the seats lock in place? If done correctly the seat shouldn’t be touching.

EXACTLY. perfect technique.
Your height shouldn't matter if you're short or tall, the overall system moves up or down before they lock it. Before they lock the restraints over your body and up and down on the anchor, hunch down some so your knees are bent and it locks lower than you. Should leave plenty of room not to get neutered when you straighten out your legs AFTER everything is locked. Nothing will be touching. Works for me.