General Carowinds discussion
Yea, next year is looking like a year for launch coasters. We know Carowinds coaster, SFMM is likely a launched, and we have confirmation that SFGA is launched. There could be more too. Interesting.
Last edited by mdsmith98 on August 29th, 2018, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 is shaping up to be a good year though! Although we pretty much know almost everything about the new coaster for Carowinds, I am still looking forward to watching the announcement tomorrow. I feel like there will be a few surprises thrown in that we weren't expecting.
Last edited by mdsmith98 on August 29th, 2018, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dirkdiggler1992 wrote:Well wasn’t this a popular year to add a launch coaster. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Copperhead Strike
Takabisha Clone @ Nick U NJ
Potter coaster
BGT Skyrocket II (Twisted Tiger?)
Maxx Force
Probably West Coast Racers...
It seems that this year, Mack and S&S are showing that they're not irrelevant in the world of coasters anymore! I'm actually really excited to see what Project Alpha's competition is with SFMM's new coaster.
ThatCoasterNerd wrote:I'm actually really excited to see what Project Alpha's competition is with SFMM's new coaster.

Yeah unless we moved to the west coast and changed our name to Knotts Berry Farm we will never be SFMM competition. I say have fun and enjoy our announcement tomorrow and not get caught up in comparing our launch coaster to the Six Flags pairs.

Edit: yeah we have nothing to worry about with SFMM’s Backlot Stunt Coaster meets Twisted Colossus.
I am going to miss the announcement and I have school so this is my last post in this thread I am just going to say how much fun following the speculation has been.:wave:
I think it will be better than Maxxforce. Its not all about records or how fast and all. The layout to me does not look exciting. The ride may be awesome dont get me wrong. Just not as epic as you would think
Can someone please explain to me why numerous Six Flags parks are all announcing different types of swinging pendulum rides? They all do the same thing some are taller and faster than others. Why not just use the best version of it at all the parks?
Jfranchi82 wrote:Gonna be hard to top the MaxxForce triple record breaking announcement.

Yeah, I can see it now, people picking SFGAm over Carowinds just because they have the fastest speed in an inversion . . .