General Carowinds discussion
By mdsmith98
Looking at the webcams, the park looks absolutely packed. Just look at that parking lot! That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but a little too crowded for my likings.

A side note, they added the webcam pointing to Copperhead Strike on the webcams page. I think that was probably either added today or maybe last night. I don’t remember seeing it the other day when I checked.

By ThatCoasterNerd
Something weird happening with Fury rn. All three trains are stuck on the brake run, and there isn’t one in the station. I’m not sure what could be causing this, but maybe someone dropped something onto the track in the station, so they can’t bring a train into the station? Anyone have any idea?
By Panthersfan43
ThatCoasterNerd wrote:Something weird happening with Fury rn. All three trains are stuck on the brake run, and there isn’t one in the station. I’m not sure what could be causing this, but maybe someone dropped something onto the track in the station, so they can’t bring a train into the station? Anyone have any idea?
I have seen that happen don’t know what is causing it though
By Christopher Mallis
ThatCoasterNerd wrote:Something weird happening with Fury rn. All three trains are stuck on the brake run, and there isn’t one in the station. I’m not sure what could be causing this, but maybe someone dropped something onto the track in the station, so they can’t bring a train into the station? Anyone have any idea?

Has happened before took a pic from webcam last year in 2017, I heard the 1st train wouldn’t move when it was supposed to so they all had to stop. Not so sure what happened afterwards
Attachments
Picture from April of 2017
By LoveMeSomePrunes
Glitch99 wrote:
coasterbruh wrote:But seriously, 50-60 acres is like the size of a small park. I wouldn't hardly be panicking over space. But they can always build a parking garage.

That's space for 8 more of these "epic" expansion announcements.

more surface parking (paving what is now grass on outer edges of paved lots) is WAYYYYY cheaper than a garage. Carowinds is no Universal. Won't need a garage for DECADES if ever at Carowinds. A tram to get you to the front gate, maybe, but none of us will still be riding roller coasters when the day comes that a garage is needed at Carowinds, 3 million 4 million whatever.
By RollerBee
mdsmith98 wrote:Looking at the webcams, the park looks absolutely packed. Just look at that parking lot! That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but a little too crowded for my likings.

A side note, they added the webcam pointing to Copperhead Strike on the webcams page. I think that was probably either added today or maybe last night. I don’t remember seeing it the other day when I checked.

E8F7D5C2-2FE0-4095-9913-CDA4AD4E0140.png

Lines weren’t that bad today, seemed like a normal Saturday.
Rode:
Fury 325
Intimidator
Reptar
Skytower
PvZ
Hurler
Drop Tower
Wilderness Run
Dodgems
Mudbuggiee
Kite Eating Tree
Rapids
Scream Weaver
Cyclone
Nighthawk
Carousel
By uscbandfan
One thing that people need to consider when talking expansion (including myself) is that.... you don't need a ton of more acreage for more rides. Granted, it causes more headaches and a little ingenuity in construction, but you can put a coaster OVER existing flats. I actually would like the idea of interaction of coasters with flats (or other coasters). The only thing I can think of that Carowinds might have a hard time with is a ride like "Escape From Krypton" or "Kingda Ka" that require a large amount of real estate for a super launch. But even that could be overcome by launching out over the parking lot. Look at "Hades" and even "Leviathan"... they go outside the boundaries of the park.

I don't think Carowinds is going to have a problem with land any time soon.
By LoveMeSomePrunes
uscbandfan wrote:One thing that people need to consider when talking expansion (including myself) is that.... you don't need a ton of more acreage for more rides. Granted, it causes more headaches and a little ingenuity in construction, but you can put a coaster OVER existing flats. I actually would like the idea of interaction of coasters with flats (or other coasters). The only thing I can think of that Carowinds might have a hard time with is a ride like "Escape From Krypton" or "Kingda Ka" that require a large amount of real estate for a super launch. But even that could be overcome by launching out over the parking lot. Look at "Hades" and even "Leviathan"... they go outside the boundaries of the park.

I don't think Carowinds is going to have a problem with land any time soon.

plus I don't think Carowinds gets another launch coaster anytime soon after Copperhead.
By redrunner97
I think we're getting one of these next:

- GCI woodie
- RMC Hurler
- Floortex

In fact, I'd bet money we see more than one of these (give or take the complete removal of Vortex) before we see another B&M. Just a gut feeling.
By sccoasterbear
Justin wrote:
Hiveminded wrote:^I also noticed that they haven't been using south gate even on extremely busy weekends this year. It was very annoying when you have to park by Intimidators turn around and have to either walk through the waterpark entrance or all the way around to the front.

In the park, they've added bollards in front of Intimidator's plaza. ..Not really sure why. Its on both sides.
Also I didn't get pictures of this but what is the big concrete pad under Fury's lift for? With its placement it looks like it could be for a line extension but it is never filled except for a select few days anyways.

The bollards were put up to prevent further damage of the pavers and intimidator 'medallion' for the vehicles that move and set up for Scarowinds and WinterFest. That Intimidator medallion was wicked expensive and someone drove over and broke it. First Aid was not allowed to ride their boo-boo cart over that area.

That is too bad, I would still love to see this re-imagined into an updated Thunder Road with the Red White And Blue colors. It would be cool to see if someone on here could show a take on this. My thoughts are white spine, blue rails and red trains.
By carolinaman
Looks like they getting ready for Winterfest!!
Attachments