General Carowinds discussion
By sccoasterbear
So my question is how many people only use single day tickets anymore?

I know the majority of guest in the park use to be single day tickets, but now it seems more and more are pass holders.

Am I misreading this?
By Glitch99
KIJester wrote:Anyone know if there is a Season Passholder "only" entrance yet?
Would be nice not to have to wait behind all of the families with strollers, bag check and such.

Do you have any idea how many of those families with strollers, bag checks, and such may also be season pass holders? I'm one of them :shh:

I think what you should be suggesting is some no strollers/bags lanes, or "phones and keys only" lanes. That's be something very simple for them to implement.
By sccoasterbear
Glitch99 wrote:
Would be nice not to have to wait behind all of the families with strollers, bag check and such.

Do you have any idea how many of those families with strollers, bag checks, and such may also be season pass holders? I'm one of them :shh:

I think what you should be suggesting is some no strollers/bags lanes, or "phones and keys only" lanes. That's be something very simple for them to implement.

Now that’s a good thought, an express lane
By brownpa68
I renewed my pass and I am wondering why the free Fast Lane Plus for renewing my pass is not valid for Scarowinds, but I can buy one during Scarowinds for $68 on the day I plan on going?
By RiDeWaRrIoR
Fright Lane and Fast Lane are different. They do the promo and mention that its not valid for Scarowinds. I wish it was at least good for the coasters, but apparently its 2 different things. You can use it during the day though.
By KIJester
Glitch99 wrote:

Yes, thats basically what I am referring to. I think it's more of an issue at the security/metal detector gates as oppose to the ticket gate. Although, I have also seen the ticket gates over crowded (stacked) due to only two out of eight entrance turnstiles open at 10:00am!!
When going to the Panther's game, it's so nice have the Express Lanes at all three entrances to just breeze by the Stroller/bag/purse check lanes. These lines can get "tremendously" long and we have missed several kickoff's in years' past due to not having those.

For some reason, I recall KI had SP only lanes years ago, but cannot recall if that was under KECO, Paramount or CF.
By pproteinc
phareous wrote:

I've never seen any special treatment for season pass holders, neither in parking or the gate. It would be nice if they at least gave a discount on preferred parking, etc. but they don't .

The typically have at least 2 to 3 lanes to the far left of the parking toll booth for season passes only to scan your card or phone with no attendant assistance. As for going through the security at the North, South and water park gates, no you wait with everyone else. I hoped they'd add free preferred parking as an added bonus to platinum passes as a step up from gold passes as everyone doesn't really carry a platinum pass.
By yawetag
I've received a response from Carowinds, but it contradicts a response I received last month. I'll come here and ask the real professionals.

The family got season passes this year. We'd like to complete the process prior to Season Pass night, as I know it will be crazy that day. I emailed last month and asked if there were any hours open to do so before the park opened. Their reply was that it was only open during park hours and we could complete it the first day we're there.

I emailed today to ask what time we could get there on season pass night, hoping to beat a crowd. I was now told that the campground will complete any season passes there, Mon-Fri from 10am to 4pm. I sent a response back to double-check that information.

Can anyone verify that the campground will complete the passes? If so, I might have to jump over there one afternoon - hopefully President's Day (if they're open - that was a question on my follow-up).
By Cameron
They will. It's been done for years at the campground.

I got mine processed at the park during winterfest so I'm good to go.
By yawetag
Cameron wrote:They will. It's been done for years at the campground.

I got mine processed at the park during winterfest so I'm good to go.

Thanks! Now to call and see if they're open for processing on President's Day. Closing at 4 will be tough to get the kids there in time.
By Coasterphreak
Don't be surprised when you have to wait in line behind all of the other families that don't have any weekday holidays left before spring break.
By mdbraves
They will have a season pass processing day I’m pretty sure. They do every year the 2 weekends prior to opening. Last year they had games and you could win prizes .
By coasterbruh
i've processed at the campground and was the only one there. Did it after WWU in 2015.
By yawetag
mdbraves wrote:They will have a season pass processing day I’m pretty sure. They do every year the 2 weekends prior to opening. Last year they had games and you could win prizes .

You'd think they would make that a point of information when I specifically ask if there are ways to get my pass processed before the first day I arrive during the season.
By coasterbruh
Unless they aren't doing it this year . . .