General Carowinds discussion
By cwgator
^I wouldn't be surprised if lockers were added for NEXT year at Intimidator and perhaps Nighthawk and maybe even Afterburn. Copperhead Strike will most certainly have them. They need to cash in on the movable locker option they've implemented at other parks.
By Zaythecarowindsfan1
2022 is the next time we see a coaster mark my words, if you realized the time between a new coaster lowers by a year every time since 2010 (Intimidator to Fury= 5 years, Fury to Copperhead= 4 years)
By pproteinc
I just want a giant frisbee, preferably Huss, Intamin or Zamperla, but Im sure they'll go with the toy of Mondial, a screamin swing, an Apollo flat like at Dorney or Clockwerks at Canada's Wonderland, maybe replace screamweaver with the new generation enterprise, antique cars, an added new theater for a new stage show, a mat racer or water coaster or even then surfing attraction, log flume, maybe get a company to bring back the whip for adults, a sky roller even add the cave and some more water effects to the rapids ride to make it more interesting. Just let me win the lotto on good time I'll invest in the park for sure.
By Christopher Mallis
Don’t forget that in the old 2019 project alpha construction thread page we found a file in South Carolina for lockers. Intimidators station is in South Carolina as well as Afterburn, and copperhead strike. Honestly, I don’t think we’ll see lockers at Afterburn or Intimidator. They have good dispatches as it is and Intimidator just dosent need them. Afterburn only has 2 trains and in a couple saturdays it was only raining one and it had about a 30 minute wait. They don’t need to put them in Afterburn.
By aoriole19
Zaythecarowindsfan1 wrote:2022 is the next time we see a coaster mark my words, if you realized the time between a new coaster lowers by a year every time since 2010 (Intimidator to Fury= 5 years, Fury to Copperhead= 4 years)

Ok I mean I'd definitely be fine getting a coaster sooner rather than later, but I don't think this is the way to look at it. It's not a brain teaser where you have to find the pattern, it's a business. Do you think it will keep going down until you reach 1 then just keep adding a coaster every single year?

You only have 2 data points; you're overfitting your line :P
By uscbandfan
Christopher Mallis wrote:Don’t forget that in the old 2019 project alpha construction thread page we found a file in South Carolina for lockers. Intimidators station is in South Carolina as well as Afterburn, and copperhead strike. Honestly, I don’t think we’ll see lockers at Afterburn or Intimidator. They have good dispatches as it is and Intimidator just dosent need them. Afterburn only has 2 trains and in a couple saturdays it was only raining one and it had about a 30 minute wait. They don’t need to put them in Afterburn.

In my opinion, I would like to see lockers on all rides... not JUST for the speed but for the security. I certainly wouldn't put anything in those bins to get stolen by somebody. Use the floating locker system and that solves both problems.
By super7
[quote}

lets's see: attract seniors (fixed income, less disposable income, with tastes that don't match current day popular tastes)
OR
attract parents with disposable income and teenagers and seeking thrills, and willing to pay for expensive upgrades like season passes, fast passes, drink passes, lockers, and concerts.

It's about the $. Which would YOU choose as an owner with responsibility to max profits for shareholders? It's not going to be the barber shop quartet and showboat, I can tell you that.[/quote]

40s to 60s have MUCH more income than teens to 30 year old thrillseekers. There is a reason that Disney is so crowded all the time. There is something for everyone to do all day long and a family can do the high majority of the attractions TOGETHER. It seems odd that since the coaster race of the late 90s, that regional theme parks have catered to lower income thrill seekers that those with more income.

Cedar Fair has maxed out the lower income thrill seeker market. If they want to continue to increase revenue, they need to find ways to attract the higher income 40's to 60s.

Some of that has turned around recently with more of a focus on live entertainment at the Cedar Fair parks. They also seem to be concentrating more on theming and atmosphere, another reason that Disney is so popular. Maybe with the addition of the Antique Cars at Kings Island, CF is realizing that this is their best potential market to try to tap in the future. The success of Winterfest and the focus on live entertainment also proved that a park doesn't have to be full of thrill rides to be well attended. BTW the train at Kings Island had a HUGE line during Winterfest because everyone could experience it TOGTHER. How Christmas-y is that? Doing something together!

There is little for anyone to do at Carowinds that doesn't want thrills . There is Skytower, Carrousel, little train that does circles and a few shows. They need more total family attractions and more indoor show venues (due to the Carolina heat).

Train is gone, Sternwheeler is gone, Monorail is gone, Speedway & Jalopies gone, Cable Skyway gone, and most recently the helicopters were removed. There are few rides that everyone can experience TOGETHER. Carowinds desperately needs some of these rides to return to attract the higher income 40s to 60s.
By Glitch99
uscbandfan wrote:In my opinion, I would like to see lockers on all rides... not JUST for the speed but for the security. I certainly wouldn't put anything in those bins to get stolen by somebody. Use the floating locker system and that solves both problems.

This is off topic, but how many times are there actual issues with stuff getting stolen like that? Unless you are accusing the employees, which would be painfully obvious to anyone standing in line, the bin is only accessible to those on your train.
By RRRAPIDS
You forgot Scrambler and Rock N Roller. Those are rides everyone can do. Do Si Do and Boo Blasters also have low height requirements as well. There is plenty to do outside of the kids area. When the Gliders return that will be another attraction for families. All we need is some Antique Cars, another water ride, and a Tilt A whirl.
By uscbandfan
Glitch99 wrote:
uscbandfan wrote:In my opinion, I would like to see lockers on all rides... not JUST for the speed but for the security. I certainly wouldn't put anything in those bins to get stolen by somebody. Use the floating locker system and that solves both problems.

This is off topic, but how many times are there actual issues with stuff getting stolen like that? Unless you are accusing the employees, which would be painfully obvious to anyone standing in line, the bin is only accessible to those on your train.

Not accusing operators. If you think the bins are only accessible to your train, THINK AGAIN. Last time I rode Intimidator, ALL of the bins were open. You could reach into any bin and pull out anything and keep on going. It's wide open. People were throwing their stuff into bins at the same time as others were still trying to take things out. (not to mention the bin from the other train was wide open as well.) You must also think everyone on YOUR train is a good guy. As much as you want to believe EVERYONE will do the right thing... it only takes ONE to ruin someone's day.

That said, Dollywood DOES rely on their operators to manage the bins (for the few rides that use bins). You never touch the bin. The operator opens the bin that corresponds to your train and you hand your stuff to the operator who then puts it into the bin in a slot corresponding to your seat and closes the bin before you leave the station.

Not to say something still couldn't be stolen but lockers solves the problem COMPLETELY as well as helps with the turnaround speed.
By tarheel1231
^^ I don’t think he considers Rock ‘n’ Roller and Do-Si-Do as attractions the entire family can do together, as they’re still fast-moving rides meant to provide a thrill. As of now, the park really only has five “chill” rides (Skytower, Snoopy’s Junction, The Grand Carousel, Boo Blasters, and PvZ depending on how you count 3D theaters). The park does have live shows, and seasonal events like The Great Carolina Fest and Winterfest, but they could still stand to add a few more major attractions that appeal to everyone.
Last edited by tarheel1231 on September 17th, 2018, 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Glitch99
RRRAPIDS wrote:You forgot Scrambler and Rock N Roller. Those are rides everyone can do. Do Si Do and Boo Blasters also have low height requirements as well. There is plenty to do outside of the kids area. When the Gliders return that will be another attraction for families. All we need is some Antique Cars, another water ride, and a Tilt A whirl.

The balloons in snoopy land is all-ages too. And dont forget the dinosaurs. But I think his point was that there are very few "no stress" attractions. Rides like rock n roller and do si do are much lower thrill, but still exert a lot of force on your body.

I think a steam locomotive or steamboat would be far to wasteful, but I do agree that the kids' train is very neglected and could relatively easily be made into something appealing to so many more people.

Some sort of ferris wheel would be a nice addition as well.
By Glitch99
uscbandfan wrote:
Glitch99 wrote:

Not accusing operators. If you think the bins are only accessible to your train, THINK AGAIN. Last time I rode Intimidator, ALL of the bins were open. You could reach into any bin and pull out anything and keep on going. It's wide open. People were throwing their stuff into bins at the same time as others were still trying to take things out. (not to mention the bin from the other train was wide open as well.) You must also think everyone on YOUR train is a good guy. As much as you want to believe EVERYONE will do the right thing... it only takes ONE to ruin someone's day.

That said, Dollywood DOES rely on their operators to manage the bins (for the few rides that use bins). You never touch the bin. The operator opens the bin that corresponds to your train and you hand your stuff to the operator who then puts it into the bin in a slot corresponding to your seat and closes the bin before you leave the station.

Not to say something still couldn't be stolen but lockers solves the problem COMPLETELY as well as helps with the turnaround speed.

I'll ask again - how many times is stuff getting stolen like that even an issue? Any "evidence" I may have is equally anecdotal, but it seems like more of a theoretical problem.

It does boil down to a difference of opinion, but what you see as a solution I see as little more than nickle-and-diming people who've already spent a lot to get into the park.
By RRRAPIDS
Only reason why I mentioned those flat rides is because they are family attraction outside of the kids area. Rock N Roller is more on the higher/medium thrill side, but it welcomes even babies/toddlers as long as they are accompanied by an adult. But I understand the other opinions as well. I'm just glad the park has flat rides now unlike 3 years ago.