General Carowinds discussion
By RollerBee
Carolinacoasterguy wrote:
Christopher Mallis wrote:
Carolinacoasterguy wrote:Keep an eye on Intimidator. Some things might be changing next season.

Like what?

The color scheme/theme.

How many years have we heard this rumor now, about 5.

What proof of your claims or source of your claims do you have?
[url][/url]
RollerBee wrote:
Carolinacoasterguy wrote:
Christopher Mallis wrote:Like what?

The color scheme/theme.

How many years have we heard this rumor now, about 5.

What proof of your claims or source of your claims do you have?

The lemon squeeze guy told me. :wink:
In all seriousness I think renaming it Centurion would make the most sense and would be a good fit and would keep the car theme. I wonder if the Centurion motor oil teaser was actually for intimidator.
Attachments
Does the fifth extension granted mean anythin
By Crave
I don't see why either Intimidator or Afterburn would be rethemed.

People in this thread have mentioned Nascar theme and the Charlotte area. What is more quintessentially Charlotte area and Nascar than Dale Earnhardt? A change is unnecessary and dumb as it is a good theme, popular with the region and hometown, great color scheme that contrasts Fury's, and would cost money and only serve to piss off patrons.

Intimidator 305 should be rethemed. The color scheme looks like a happy meal box. In addition, Dale Earnhardt has nothing to do with the VA area other than annual races in the past. IMO, the license for I-305 is a waste unless it was a package deal for Cedar Fair. Cedar Fair should keep I-305 color scheme, get a clown car facade for the front cars and rename it McIntaminator. I'm already lovin' it.

Afterburn is fine. The colors are great. It could use more theming, but that is true of all the rides in the park. Perhaps that IS the takeaway...improve the themes we have!