General Carowinds discussion
Yea it was prob the lightest ive seen I only rode fury 4 times then checked out construction for a while and hung out with Derek from RCDB and Randal from modelcoastets.com! Great time. Enjoy your day. Ill be back for Scarowinds!!!
Aight so I’ve been messing around with the blocks for Copperhead Strike on Planet Coaster, and it’s making me think that the actual coaster is going to stack pretty hard. I know PLC operations don’t exactly translate to real life, but if two of the blocks are on the brake run, and the other two are the station and showbuilding, it seems like one of the trains will just be waiting inside the showbuilding until the other train completes the course. Maybe the second launch will be set up as a block, but I can’t see that happening since it occurs over an airtime hill.
That's an awesome shot of the support and brake run dirk!

As far as blocks and stacking, I dont see it being much of a problem with only 16 people per train. I dont know how quickly Icon and Blufire move, but I dont see it taking all that long. I would think the blocks would be holding brake, launch 1, final brake run, transfer, and probably the 2nd launch, even thought its a hill it should still allow another train to dispatch once its past it , but I do not know. I dont think we will see much of any stacking on this ride, once all ride ops are up to speed on it etc. No Limits 2 is probably more accurate in terms of messing with the blocking etc. I am still interested to know how it would work if there is a rollback on launch 2, would be interesting to watch and experience :lol:

Here is a look at the track with the plastic on it.

I don't see launch 2 being a block for a few reasons.
No brake element present on any of the renderings. Granted the launch may be able to work in reverse to stop the train, there isn't any mechanism present to lock the train down in place.
No evacuation platform. Not that they may not exist somewhere but every block I've ever seen has an evacuation platform in case the train would need to be abandoned.

My take...
Block 1 - ending at 1st launch.
Block 2 - ending at brake run.
Block 3 - transfer track
Block 4 - loading platform.

So... 3 trains... one train on the course, one train boarding and being sent to the launch and one train awaiting entry into the station.

I would guess that there would be a sensor on the course for dispatch so that the delay in the barn for the first launch would always be the same for every ride.
Here are where I think the blocks will be. Neither launch will be a block. I think the “show building” before the first launch will be a block. Then the station of course, and the brakes at the end will have two blocks throughout them.

mdsmith98 wrote:Here are where I think the blocks will be. Neither launch will be a block. I think the “show building” before the first launch will be a block. Then the station of course, and the brakes at the end will have two blocks throughout them.

9D87F0FD-F7B9-4204-9475-C967E9F70675.jpeg

Effectively for all intents and purposes.... what I said. When the train comes to a stop in the launch, it will still be in the first block. Once the launch happens successfully (through the loop), the block will be cleared. the second red circle in the brakes is the transfer track which, by default is a block. So is the loading platform. The brakes have to be the end of the course block.

A block is a section of track that can only ever contain one train.
So, technically, from the station to the top of the loop would be a block (in case of a rollback). From the top of the loop to the brakes would be a block. Then the transfer track and the loading platform.
uscbandfan wrote:
mdsmith98 wrote:Here are where I think the blocks will be. Neither launch will be a block. I think the “show building” before the first launch will be a block. Then the station of course, and the brakes at the end will have two blocks throughout them.

9D87F0FD-F7B9-4204-9475-C967E9F70675.jpeg

Effectively for all intents and purposes.... what I said. When the train comes to a stop in the launch, it will still be in the first block. Once the launch happens successfully (through the loop), the block will be cleared. the second red circle in the brakes is the transfer track which, by default is a block. So is the loading platform. The brakes have to be the end of the course block.

A block is a section of track that can only ever contain one train.
So, technically, from the station to the top of the loop would be a block (in case of a rollback). From the top of the loop to the brakes would be a block. Then the transfer track and the loading platform.

My bad. I was mainly circling where the actual block brake itself would be. I understand now. My days of RCT3 and Planet Coaster got me confused :lol:.

But my post was also saying I agree with you in the sense the second launch won’t be a block, since I don’t think the plan is to have a train able to stop there, there really isn’t a place a train could stop besides the show building, station, brakes, and transfer.
The station is a block.
From the inline roll to the end of the launch is a block.
The first loop to the beginning of the initial brakes is a block
The initial brake run is a block.
The transfer track is a block.

Five blocks, four e-stops.