General Carowinds discussion
By tarheel1231
Nah I’m pretty sure he was referring to Nighthawk due to the fact that Python is also a Vekoma. However, Cyclone could definitely use some newer trains and/or restraints.
By pproteinc
Well everyone should know by now I'm on the bandwagon for a giant frisbee that's not by Mondial and an Screamin Swing. Now after experiencing Infinity Falls at SeaWorld (I'm just getting back tonight) I wouldn't mind seeing RRR replaced with that more intense and drenching version with a 50ft drop to take the throne.
By RollerBee
Thrill Capture wrote:I wonder how good Carousel Park would look with a Single Rail Coaster to replace Vortex :think: :think: :think:

Crowded.....
Unless you mean Trex and not Raptor, then Carowinds don’t need more low capacity coasters.
By Thrill Capture
Cameron wrote:A sign of hope for white water falls as knotts version will undergo a major renovation.

From the looks of it, Celebration Plaza(formerly Carowinds Plaza) is slowly getting renovated. It received a Starbucks, a more open pathway for shows, a lot of lights and extended stage, Carowinds Cafe into Burrito Cafe, and Flying Ace to Kiddy Hawk with a new paint job. Wouldn't be surprised if Intimidator and Nighthawk eventually got a repaint and a renovation of Rip Roarin Rapids into something like Calico Rapids. Also it seems like to me that Carowinds is trying to become like Cedar Point with a lot of thrill rides, but also like Knotts with extensive theming here and there.
By Grobble
Thrill Capture wrote:
Cameron wrote:A sign of hope for white water falls as knotts version will undergo a major renovation.

From the looks of it, Celebration Plaza(formerly Carowinds Plaza) is slowly getting renovated. It received a Starbucks, a more open pathway for shows, a lot of lights and extended stage, Carowinds Cafe into Burrito Cafe, and Flying Ace to Kiddy Hawk with a new paint job. Wouldn't be surprised if Intimidator and Nighthawk eventually got a repaint and a renovation of Rip Roarin Rapids into something like Calico Rapids. Also it seems like to me that Carowinds is trying to become like Cedar Point with a lot of thrill rides, but also like Knotts with extensive theming here and there.

Intimidator repaint coming in the future is known info. Nighthawk I don't think will be kept long enough to make a repaint worth the money.
Last edited by Grobble on November 13th, 2018, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By RollerBee

Whitewater Falls is gone and Knotts hasn’t had anything like WWF since Perilous Plunge was demolished.

However I assume you are referring to Big Foot Rapids and Rip Roaring Rapids.
By pproteinc
Grobble wrote:Intimidator repaint coming in the future is known info. Nighthawk I don't think will be kept long enough to make a repaint worth the money.

Actually, Nighthawk has been slowly getting repainted over the summer, I believe.
By uscbandfan
Waste of money in my opinion... at least for me. I might would actually ride the thing if they ran 2 trains or found some other way to get the capacity up. I've got better things to do with my time than to spend hours in line for 1 ride when I could ride a dozen rides on Intimidator, Fury or Afterburn in the same span of time. To me at least, it's not worth it.

At least it will look pretty.
By JWitter
I know this is probably not likely, but I had a thought after seeing some pics/videos from Iaapa, This new GCI dueling wooden coaster I had a crazy thought.

In the 3 years preceding our 50th anniversary, Carowinds will remove Vortex, followed by Nighthawk, and in their place we will see this awesome racing woodie.

Instagram link below (not sure if this works?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqIsaXFhey1/

Any ways, I have no clue if the spacing works or not but this would be pretty awesome if you ask me.
By Koallinbear
Hoping we get the firehawk trains for a smoother ride. Nighthawk has great bones, it just needs a better load/unload situation and the current ride is so rough that it is not enjoyable.