General Carowinds discussion
By coasterbruh
Glitch99 wrote:
coasterbruh wrote:I don't think any park lets you ride mechanical water rides in swimwear. I cannot think of one.

I dont think any park lets you wear just a swimsuit anywhere in the park, period. Thus why waterparks are always isolated from the rest of the park. There's no reason a mechanical water ride couldnt be "on the other side of the fence" and thus permit swimwear.

That can also be the reason we don't see many mechanical water rides inside a water park . . .
By Glitch99
coasterbruh wrote:
Glitch99 wrote:
coasterbruh wrote:I don't think any park lets you ride mechanical water rides in swimwear. I cannot think of one.

I dont think any park lets you wear just a swimsuit anywhere in the park, period. Thus why waterparks are always isolated from the rest of the park. There's no reason a mechanical water ride couldnt be "on the other side of the fence" and thus permit swimwear.

That can also be the reason we don't see many mechanical water rides inside a water park . . .

or because many mechanical water rides were installed long before there was a waterpark to be inside of... :)
By RollerBee

Flying Super Saturator

Noah’s Ark Waterpark has a shoot the chutes like WWF and a kiddy coaster.
By uscbandfan
For guys, a traditional swimsuit is no different than a pair of shorts that is designed to get wet. So walking around the park in a swimsuit and a shirt is technically no different than a shirt and shorts. So, don't feel that you've gotten away with something there, I've worn my swimsuit as shorts (with a shirt and shoes) many times from the waterpark to Fury and back when we weren't there for the dry park but I wanted to get a ride on Fury before we left. Those rules are mostly just to make sure shirts and shoes are worn in the dry park and that gals cover up a bit although that last part doesn't seem to be having any effect last time I was there in July.

Anyway, the point here is the fact that some people want to come to the waterpark for a wet day with all the changing of clothes and stuff that goes with it. Other times, some people want to come to the dry park for a dry day and leave the swimwear, towels and pool-gear at home. During the dry visit, it's nice to be able to ride a flume or something similar just to get a splash. People LOVE that. Especially when you can combine it with a ride experience. That's why the water rides are so popular. That's why RRR and WWF and other rides were put in there in the first place.

Deciding not to ride RRR because you don't want to get wet that day is no different than deciding not to ride the tea-cups at the fair because you don't want to get dizzy that day. It's personal preference. My preference is to keep a water RIDE in the dry park... whether its RRR or a "RRR reconfig" or a 21st century log flume or something else.
By Glitch99
uscbandfan wrote:Anyway, the point here is the fact that some people want to come to the waterpark for a wet day with all the changing of clothes and stuff that goes with it. Other times, some people want to come to the dry park for a dry day and leave the swimwear, towels and pool-gear at home. During the dry visit, it's nice to be able to ride a flume or something similar just to get a splash. People LOVE that. Especially when you can combine it with a ride experience. That's why the water rides are so popular. That's why RRR and WWF and other rides were put in there in the first place.

My point regards the unnecessary bias rooted in your comment. There is no reason to equate "in the waterpark" with "need to change clothes". There is no maximum dress code in the waterpark, where they make you strip down before allowing you thru the gate. Anything appropriate in the dry park can be worn anywhere in the water park as well.

RRR is tucked away in one corner of the park as it is; from a lot of the park it'd actually be closer to walk to a "wet" ride in the waterpark than to RRR. The whole point of wanting waterpark access is to allow swimwear, not require it. Swimwear is appropriate, and preferred by a lot of people, on more than just the rides that result in being submerged in a pool of water.

As I said, they obviously arent going to relocate RRR. And as it sits, RRR couldnt handle any increased demand anyways. But if they were to build a new wet ride, it should be located within the waterpark with the other water.
By pproteinc
Personally in my opinion as the general consensus is that waterslides and submerging attractions or dousing attractions belong in a water park. Any other splish splash are meant to be in the dry side. (i.e. your raft, splash boat, log flume and splash battle rides). Simple rides that cool you off for a quick moment in the hot summer without having to walking across the world to get drenched for days.
By yawetag
pproteinc wrote:Personally in my opinion as the general consensus is that waterslides and submerging attractions or dousing attractions belong in a water park. Any other splish splash are meant to be in the dry side. (i.e. your raft, splash boat, log flume and splash battle rides). Simple rides that cool you off for a quick moment in the hot summer without having to walking across the world to get drenched for days.

Can't recall ever riding a splash boat that didn't leave me "drenched for days." I've gotten wetter on those than jumping in the tidal pool.
By pproteinc
I've never gotten drenched tho I know where to sit as well. The only time i really got drenched is if I stood on the bridge where the wave slaps you lol
By Glitch99
pproteinc wrote:I've never gotten drenched tho I know where to sit as well. The only time i really got drenched is if I stood on the bridge where the wave slaps you lol

Are you talking about something line those old log flume rides that are pretty much a lazy river, but in a boat instead of a tube? Because I'm talking rides like RRR, where you can get covered by a full wave over the front of the raft, or go under a literal waterfall. Even though it doesn't happen every time to every rider, and maybe even relatively rarely, there is no "know[ing] where to sit" to prevent it either. I don't think anyone is talking about "all rides with a water element/theme", where you might get a few drops of water on your arms.
By fishels
RollerBee wrote:If Carowinds ditchs Rapids, I want a Log Flume.....

If Carowinds keeps Rapids, #ReturnTheTunnel. So Bob Ivey can take the tunnel. Hehe....

Team Rapids here!

Closed the waterpark instead.... :thumbup:

:sarcasm: Warning on the waterpark, I am aware it will never happen.

Does anyone have any pictures of the tunnel? Apparently that was before my time. I’m super curious
By pproteinc
Glitch99 wrote:
pproteinc wrote:I've never gotten drenched tho I know where to sit as well. The only time i really got drenched is if I stood on the bridge where the wave slaps you lol

Are you talking about something line those old log flume rides that are pretty much a lazy river, but in a boat instead of a tube? Because I'm talking rides like RRR, where you can get covered by a full wave over the front of the raft, or go under a literal waterfall. Even though it doesn't happen every time to every rider, and maybe even relatively rarely, there is no "know[ing] where to sit" to prevent it either. I don't think anyone is talking about "all rides with a water element/theme", where you might get a few drops of water on your arms.

I was speaking on WWF however even on RRR I've never gotten drenched on that ride either. The waterfall is too far back to be soaked as I've been situated to be the one doused under the the waterfall but don't. It's too far back if the build the ledge out some more only then a side of the raft will be doomed to be completely covered in water by the waterfall. The geyser are meh and the rapid really are that rough. Nothing like Infinity Falls at SeaWorld that's for sure.
By Lit
They had that sign up that said YOU WILL GET WET, YOU MAY GET SOAKED for the longest time. When the cave was still there, you never knew who was going to “get it” but at least two people in the raft were very wet when you came out the other side.

I’ll never forget the screams from inside the cave as you floated helplessly toward it.
By Glitch99
I agree RRR is disappointingly mild for what it could (and should) be. In my youth, a similar ride at another park had a waterfall spanning the entire channel, there literally was no avoiding it. But even now, I've gotten (at least what feels like) a 5 gallon bucket of water poured down my back. That's plenty to leave pants and shoes uncomfortably wet for most of the afternoon.

A lot of these kind of designs seem to have been scaled back. The RRR cave has been mentioned, but even the lazy river in the waterpark used to have that water curtain coming off the one walkway towards the end. Now, nothing. Has there been a big outrage over such things lately, that I missed?