General Carowinds discussion
By Techedchart1551
every major cedar fair park will be getting an rmc soon. Carowinds, CW, and KI are the only major cedar fair parks left to get an rmc woodie or Ibox.

I imagine the next one we'll get will be a Gci or an RMC
By yawetag
deaconnor wrote:Getting a twisty RMC similar to Thunderhead would make my pants wet for multiple reasons.

I don't think RMC makes water rides.

Oh.
By RollerBee
deaconnor wrote:Getting a twisty RMC similar to Thunderhead would make my pants wet for multiple reasons.
:wtf:
By mdsmith98

What the.... :shock:
By Edwardo
Techedchart1551 wrote:every major cedar fair park will be getting an rmc soon. Carowinds, CW, and KI are the only major cedar fair parks left to get an rmc woodie or Ibox.

I imagine the next one we'll get will be a Gci or an RMC

That’s not how it works.

Every park gets whatever the best bid is that comes out of the process from the best company that offers what the park wants at the price they want to pay.

And not only that but Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers had A LOT of problems. There’s no guarantee they’ll add one to all the major parks.
By Yosoleboricua
I think this is what we gonna see on the next 4 years

2020: a flat or a new water slide
2021: removal of a roller coaster (I hope vortex) and small upgrades
2022:small snoopy expansion (removal of dinos)
2023: new coaster in RRR spot (hoping for a wing coaster) but prob will get a huge BM Dive Coaster or maybe the first ground up RMC? Also maybe a new area?
By yawetag
Yosoleboricua wrote:2022:small snoopy expansion (removal of dinos)

Dinos will be gone after this year. Now, they might let the ground stay blank for a year or two, but I don't suspect it'll take long for the dinos to go away once the park is closed.
By Coasterphreak
I actually think it's pretty unlikely that Cedar Fair will be buying any further RMC installations until they implement better quality control, because CF has demonstrated over and over that their first priority is uptime and capacity.
By tarheel1231
I feel they probably attribute their only 1% attendance growth to the downtime/negative press surrounding their RMC coasters.
By mdsmith98
Antique cars isn’t a bad idea, but I’d rather see that go where vortex is.

And I would not bet on seeing an RMC at Carowinds anytime soon, pretty much for the reasons everyone stated above.