General Carowinds discussion
By yawetag
Thanks, Fezzy.

She's not at the Fury level, but I see several of her favorites will be open, too.

I'm hoping it's more of an introduction to being scared without having to do it herself. After posting, I found some photos on Google of previous nights and the actors - she was impressed by the makeup and knows it's all acting - but she still doesn't like the idea of being scared... yet.
By FezzyGamer
5 mazes and 8 zones in total... It really should be the other way around. Maybe they’ll surprise us.
Attachments
By Coasterphreak
So basically that's confirmation that Zombie High is indeed being repurposed for Winterfest and will not be returning this year as a Scarowinds attraction.
By IntimidationNation
So, is the skeleton key no longer a thing? I wasn't able to get one the first year they did it, so I wasn't able to see the secret rooms that were in the mazes, but I did get one 2 years ago and it was awesome even though the secret rooms were only at scare zones.
By Coasterphreak
Yeah I always got the impression they didn't drive Fright Lane sales the way the park wanted, even if they were pretty cool jump gags. There was one night a few years back that the park was so slow due to the threat of weather that they opened them all up to everyone, which was pretty neat.
By IntimidationNation
Coasterphreak wrote:Yeah I always got the impression they didn't drive Fright Lane sales the way the park wanted, even if they were pretty cool jump gags. There was one night a few years back that the park was so slow due to the threat of weather that they opened them all up to everyone, which was pretty neat.

I believe I was there that night, but we didn't find out about it until late and were only able to do the London terror one and the playground one.
By MISTER FANBOY
it really sucks that we're only getting new scare zones this year. I'm going to be dead honest here, No one cares about these damn scare zones. Sure they might be cool some times, but the scares in them suck and I'm pretty sure people come to SCarowinds to get scared. It's their ******* 20th anniversary of the haunt! WE WANT MAZES!
By Coasterphreak
Mazes are more expensive to build and require more labor to staff. It also seems that Cedar Fair prefers to put their mazes in enclosed spaces as much as possible to protect the more elaborate setpieces, and so that they don't have to take it all back down every year.