General Carowinds discussion
By Cameron
Yes. Carowinds had a Nickelodeon parade for 3-4 years and had a winterfest parade once before.

Old route was from harmony hall to rapids.
Last edited by Cameron on August 2nd, 2019, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Glitch99
tarheel1231 wrote:The article literally says Nov. 24 - December 31, 2019

Are you certain it wasn't updated/corrected after being posted? I can't believe I misread that, and could swear I clearly remember double-checking that it said "Nov 24-31". But I have hallucinated worse...
By Christopher Mallis
It was probably a typo. I’m guessing this is the only big new thing we’ll get for winterfest this year. Obviously some minor things but as far as bigger additions go I think this is the only one.
By hikernut79
On the webpage I was disappointed to find that Copperhead Strike is NOT listed among the attractions. I thought I had read during construction last year that it would be able to run during Winterfest. Hopefully this will change and it will be added.
By Christopher Mallis
The old winterfest webpage with the listed attractions is from last year and is outdated. If you go to the events page in the website they only have a page showing the overview of winterfest. They’re gonna update it soon.
By CoasterMike
It looks like the Winterfest page for this year has been updated and it looks like Copperhead Strike and the Mountain Gliders will not be open during Winterfest as they originally told us. Kinda disappointing but it seems like Cedar Fair as a company only wants to have a maximum of 3 roller coasters open for the event.
By coasterbruh
CoasterMike wrote:It looks like the Winterfest page for this year has been updated and it looks like Copperhead Strike and the Mountain Gliders will not be open during Winterfest as they originally told us.

They actually didn't tell us they will be open. They said they would see if they will open it or not then went into explaining that the type of event they want winterfest to be is one that doesn't revolve around coasters.

With the exception of Six Flags parks, the winter events are not being marketed towards thrill-seekers. They price it that way as to not have to staff rides and coasters that would probably be walk ons all night.
By Wood Coaster
Will the "Petting Zoo" be there in 2019...?.... Don't see it listed on the Website.

Didn't go in 2018 but in 2017 that was the thing the kids enjoyed the most. Spent more money feed then anywhere else in the park that night combine.
By coasterbruh
I dunno, maybe the food, the atmosphere, the memories to make with your family, the shopping, the shows, the ice skating . . . .