General Carowinds discussion
By tarheel1231
coasterbruh wrote:I think it may be going too fast for the double inversion . . .

I figured it could be scaled up/reshaped to account for the G-forces and not necessarily a foot-by-foot copy.
By coasterbruh
Ok, Personally I think it's a waste of a potential first impression coaster. With copperhead already in the park now, it would feel like more of the same. Granted the park has intimidator and fury but with all those brake runs it feels squeezed in. It's hard to say what should go in that plot as it's the equivalent of a showroom floor.
By Atombomb
A B&M dive coaster would probably look the best here. A dive under the water would look amazing!!!! That showroom floor would be grand with intimidator across the street!! Put a Gci family woodie like Invadr in the Dino’s plot. Rmc hurler. Put a new Intamin like Busch gardens Williamsburg in RRR plot. And an indoor launch like Fof in cyclones spot. That would be an amazing r line up right?
By tarheel1231
coasterbruh wrote:Ok, Personally I think it's a waste of a potential first impression coaster. With copperhead already in the park now, it would feel like more of the same. Granted the park has intimidator and fury but with all those brake runs it feels squeezed in. It's hard to say what should go in that plot as it's the equivalent of a showroom floor.

Honestly, my dream replacement for Nighthawk would be a nighttime lagoon show like Ignite at Electric Ocean at the SeaWorld parks. But that area of the park is prime real estate, so there’s no way they don’t use it for a coaster.
By uscbandfan
Atombomb wrote: A dive under the water would look amazing!!!!

Water? What Water? The lake is now no more than a puddle. But, you're right. It would look amazing if that happened.

I look at those old pictures of the park and long for those days aesthetically. Water in front of and under White Lightnin', a bridge over water at the state line (near Wings), water under and around Goldrusher, not to mention the lake for the Stern-wheeler that was big enough to have an island. Now, the only remnants are a few puddles under Nighthawk.

WHATEVER they do. Please bring back the water (and some trees too.)
By Coasterphreak
On the other hand water has to be circulated and treated constantly so that it doesn't become brackish and act as a breeding ground for mosquitos, plus there's always winterization concerns since this isn't exactly Florida lol.
By uscbandfan
I'm sure all of that can be addressed if they want to budget for it. (other than winterization, all other parks face the same insect and filtering issues.)

It's becoming SO industrial looking.
By Coasterphreak
uscbandfan wrote:if they want to budget for it.

Ding ding ding! That's exactly what it is: Cedar Fair likes to keep the landscaping budget down.
By jeffdavis
Funny how we all wish for shade trees and water. While both cost money to have and properly maintain I believe the primary reason we've lost them is not maintenance cost but just being in the way of prime attraction real estate and service access within the current/former park boundary.
By Glitch99
jeffdavis wrote:Funny how we all wish for shade trees and water. While both cost money to have and properly maintain I believe the primary reason we've lost them is not maintenance cost but just being in the way of prime attraction real estate and service access within the current/former park boundary.

How many of those parks with a lake have that water in such a front-and-center location within the park? I admit I have little first hand knowledge of this, but for the couple I recall, the water is essentially a sideshow - literally off to the side and out of the way, not the primary focal point when entering the park.
By uscbandfan
I don't care if it's front and center or not. (That just happens to be where our biggest hole in the ground is.) I just think the park needs more water and more trees period.
By yawetag
Glitch99 wrote:How many of those parks with a lake have that water in such a front-and-center location within the park?

Sea World Orlando and Epcot came immediately to mind.
By Coasterphreak
Considering basically the entire state of Florida is a couple shovelfuls of dirt thrown between the Atlantic and the Gulf, the large bodies of water in pretty much every park there serve an important purpose in groundwater management so that the attractions don't float away. :wave:
By coasterbruh
More water<New trash can