General Carowinds discussion
Anyone here partake in any of the Grand Carnivale events at one of the other parks? How was it? I get the whole Mardi Gras thing with floats, music, beads, etc. I’m curious though is it an entire third party hosted event? Or does Carowinds supply some staffing? Food and drink stands like at previous food festivals?

CF must have been happy with the event as they’re rotating it at a couple new parks next season. No mention of monster jam anywhere.
dirkdiggler1992 wrote:Anyone here partake in any of the Grand Carnivale events at one of the other parks? How was it? I get the whole Mardi Gras thing with floats, music, beads, etc. I’m curious though is it an entire third party hosted event? Or does Carowinds supply some staffing? Food and drink stands like at previous food festivals?

From my understanding, the floats are made by a third party (3dx and Kern Studios), but the events are run by Cedar Fair themselves.

I haven't actually seen the event in person, but going off of videos, it seems like a fun event to keep guests in the park later. Mardi Gras on a budget.
Just had this thought. Funny how Carowinds, despite just getting Copperhead, is getting one of the better water park attractions in comparison to the rest of the chain’s water park additions. Excluding CGA of course.
Hopefully it fits perfectly without taking out anything. I was told that Surfer’s Swell COULD be removed. After the reprofiling, people are still flipping off that first turn. I basically said well making a two person ride vs the one person. It just might help with adding weight lol

Edit: Oh well never mind I can see it through the supports of the concept art.
tarheel1231 wrote:Guys, I don’t want to take credit for thi- oh, screw it, of course I want to take credit for this! Page one of the 2020 speculation thread:

81CEFAEE-E634-42DA-A31D-4FB7D249F9A9.png

Didn't the post directly before yours actually predict the mat racer?
CarowindsFan wrote:
tarheel1231 wrote:Guys, I don’t want to take credit for thi- oh, screw it, of course I want to take credit for this! Page one of the 2020 speculation thread:

81CEFAEE-E634-42DA-A31D-4FB7D249F9A9.png

Didn't the post directly before yours actually predict the mat racer?

I mean, yeah, but he didn't say please. :shh: