General Carowinds discussion
By yawetag
BelowThePeak wrote:And wow, the operations on Intimidator were horrible. 5+ minutes for every dispatch, so what was a two-train wait for the front row ended up taking 15 minutes (not to mention another 5 minutes of my train just sitting on the brake run). Carowinds really needs to step up its game with Intimidator; I feel like even Nighthawk had better operations this morning, from what I could see.

Haven't had any issues with Intimidator all year, so maybe it was a weird day for the crew working.
By mdsmith98
hikernut79 wrote:
dirkdiggler1992 wrote:Wonder how long Copperhead will be out?
Huh? Is it down or something?

Yes, rumor is that apparently there was an incident on it the other night. No idea what happened, the park hasn’t made an official statement.
By yawetag
mdsmith98 wrote:
hikernut79 wrote:
dirkdiggler1992 wrote:Wonder how long Copperhead will be out?
Huh? Is it down or something?

Yes, rumor is that apparently there was an incident on it the other night. No idea what happened, the park hasn’t made an official statement.

I'm not seeing that rumor anywhere. Granted, I'm not everywhere.
By mdbraves
Just saw on channel 36 news that a guest injured their thumb on Copperhead Strike Sunday. No other information is available and the ride has remained closed since then
By hikernut79
mdbraves wrote:Just saw on channel 36 news that a guest injured their thumb on Copperhead Strike Sunday. No other information is available and the ride has remained closed since then
Anyone at the park today? Is CS still down? I was thinking about heading down this weekend but may wait if it's still down.

It's weird that there is little to no chatter about this.
By Grumpybutt
The family of the injured person posted on WBTV’s post about the ride being closed that she lost her thumb after a front piece of the ride car came off.

According to WBTV Charlotte, the ride is still closed.
By Grumpybutt
The family posted a screenshot of her post. She did lose her thumb, but they were able to sew it back on. She’s good and okay.

So now the question is what part of the seat malfunctioned?
By Jrlooney88
What a freak accident, glad she's positive and upbeat about it. It's a shame that this puts Carowinds in a bad light, I hate seeing comments about people not wanting to ever go again just because of a fluke incident.

I'll bet that Mack is onsite now looking into this, and with them being a good family oriented company, I'm sure/I hope they'll cover all costs associated, either that or they risk losing all future business (Tens of millions of potential dollars) with Cedar Fair, similar to Intamin.
By coasterbruh
This sounds very isolated and doesn't seem to be a design flaw. Good they were able to secure her thumb.
By phareous
It may be isolated, but that doesn't mean it isn't a design flaw. It should have never been possible to sever someone's thumb

Like the ET attraction that mangled someone's foot, despite being in operation for decades
By Glitch99
Grumpybutt wrote:The family posted a screenshot of her post. She did lose her thumb, but they were able to sew it back on. She’s good and okay.

I dont think it's quite that simple, especially a mere 3 days later....

coasterbruh wrote:This sounds very isolated and doesn't seem to be a design flaw. Good they were able to secure her thumb.

Is it wrong to wonder how much they had to search for it?

EDIT: Actually from what I've seen, it wasnt amputated, just mangled in some manner. It sounds like they stitched it back together, not back on.
Last edited by Glitch99 on August 21st, 2019, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.