General Carowinds discussion
By Carowindsman
What was your first ride ever at Carowinds?

*Powder Keg Flume*
By cwgator
It was either the Monorail or Dastardly and Muttley in their Flying Machines (Snoopy vs. Red Baron). That was probably around '82.

My first coaster was Scooby Doo (Woodstock Express) in '83.
By yawetag
Don't know what my first ride was - maybe the observation tower? My first inversion on any ride was Southern Star (forgot what it was called at the time). First inversion on a coaster was Carolina Cyclone.
By uscbandfan
yawetag wrote:Don't know what my first ride was - maybe the observation tower? My first inversion on any ride was Southern Star (forgot what it was called at the time). First inversion on a coaster was Carolina Cyclone.

Southern Star was originally "Frenzoid".
By Hiveminded
My first and one visit as a young kid, I have no idea what it was. Though I do remember riding Thunder Road and it scarring me for several years.

My first one as an enthusiast was 10 years ago this August and we were the next in line at Nighthawk after an hour+ in line before it went down for lightning. Carolina Cyclone then became my first coaster and the start of all this.
By BelowThePeak
Afterburn, back when it was Top Gun in 2005! I remember also riding the "forward" side of Thunder Road and Kiddy Hawk when it was Runaway Reptar that day.
By FezzyGamer
One of the kiddy rides in Nick Central, probably the Backyardigans swing one but I don’t really remember so we’ll go with the Fairly OddCoaster
By formeryogi
The parking lot tram. 1973.
Second ride-- entering the park and walking down the stairs after crossing the bridge to the train station and riding the Carowinds Railroad and the conductor telling passengers to hold on for the "surge of power."