General Carowinds discussion
By coasterbruh
MISTER FANBOY wrote:it really sucks that we're only getting new scare zones this year. I'm going to be dead honest here, No one cares about these damn scare zones. Sure they might be cool some times, but the scares in them suck and I'm pretty sure people come to SCarowinds to get scared. It's their ******* 20th anniversary of the haunt! WE WANT MAZES!

No one cares about anniversaries . . . to the point of going all out like you would want them to.
By CarowindsFan
coasterbruh wrote:
MISTER FANBOY wrote:it really sucks that we're only getting new scare zones this year. I'm going to be dead honest here, No one cares about these damn scare zones. Sure they might be cool some times, but the scares in them suck and I'm pretty sure people come to SCarowinds to get scared. It's their ******* 20th anniversary of the haunt! WE WANT MAZES!

No one cares about anniversaries . . . to the point of going all out like you would want them to.

Except Disney. They are going all out for Disneyworld's 50th.
By FezzyGamer
It’s opening this Friday!! I’m working as a scareactor this year so hopefully I scare a few of you.
By yawetag
FezzyGamer wrote:It’s opening this Friday!! I’m working as a scareactor this year so hopefully I scare a few of you.

Maybe you can answer a question, and others can answer with their experience as well.

My daughter wants to go to SCarowinds, but will wear the necklace. She wants to see the costumes and makeup, but it a bit young to be all-in. If she's wearing the necklace, what type of interactions should the rest of her group expect? In other words, does it basically make all of us "immune"?
By FezzyGamer
We were told that others in the group can and should be scared. It should almost be comical the way we avoid people wearing the necklaces in favor of their companions. It shouldn’t be too bad if she’s young though just watch out for people creeping up on you.
By yawetag
Perfect. She wants to see us - and others - scared. She just doesn't want the scaring to happen to her.
By yawetag
FezzyGamer wrote:Come by Fleet Street and I’ll be sure to give you a good scare!

Do I give you some sort of secret signal? Or should I just assume ALL of you are out to scare me good?
By yawetag
FezzyGamer wrote:We all will be but bring a big flashing neon sign that says yawetag so I know who to get :lol:

Challenge accepted.

By yawetag
Another question: If I'm able to get a necklace from last year, would it still keep the monsters away? Wouldn't mind saving $12 bucks or so.
By FezzyGamer
You have to buy a current one, which I believe is a blue spider, or it’s defunct. I think it’s a bad policy but that’s how it goes.
By IntimidationNation
Spoiler alert: it's great to see scarowinds using chainsaws again. There is even a chainsaw brigade similar to what halloween horror nights has
By pproteinc
Welp 3 fights tonight. Go figure. Smh. Just remembered why I stopped coming on Saturday nights. Ended up putting all the restaurants, haunted houses and any enclosed venue in lockdown. All the fog machines were turned off and the white light turned on at about 10:15pm. Killed the vibe so we left smh.
By FezzyGamer
We were in our break room for about 30 minutes. It was pretty scary but they got it under control and had us scare in groups of 3 afterwards.