General Carowinds discussion
By Coasterphreak
Adding capacity pretty much never shortens lines, it just increases the number of lines you have to stand in and decreases the probability of being able to experience everything in a single visit without paying for front of the line passes.
By coasterbruh
That couldn't be any more false. If you add capacity but keep the same capacity, then your theoretical wait time would be reduced. Yes, you would have more LINES to wait in but your wait TIME would be less as it is more things for people to gravitate towards. However, it also depends on popularity

Take HHN for example, they are up to 10 house right now. The wait times vary from 40 mins to 120 mins.
By Glitch99
Coasterphreak wrote:Adding capacity pretty much never shortens lines, it just increases the number of lines you have to stand in and decreases the probability of being able to experience everything in a single visit without paying for front of the line passes.

Experience everything? Yes, with more stuff you'll probably be less able to do it all in one night. Each "thing" has its own overhead, the time it takes to actually do it, so 3 10-minute mazes is going to take 3x more time to complete as 1 10-minute maze - in addition to the wait time to get in. But you're going to spend the same total amount of time waiting in lines no matter how much there is to do. It's either wait 2 hours in one line, or wait 40 minutes in each of 3 lines. Thus you're getting 3x the entertainment for the same amount of waiting.
By coasterbruh
It's too many variables to say you will absolutely wait the same amount of time regardless if it is 3 or 7 houses. Popularity plays a huge part in the equation, as well as location and time of the event. Take Knott's Scary Farms for example. If you start from the back and work your way to the front, you are working against the crowd, thus making your wait times must less overall as the haunts in the back tend to have little to no wait times at the beginning of the event. However, if you start at the front, you are going with the flow and are almost guaranteed to experience the same long waits as the herd traverses the park.

It's funny seeing people post their experience at parks that I happen to be at during the same time and they not be able to do everything and I was able to do it all and leave much earlier. So no, the time in line will not be the same regardless of the number of houses. More capacity is better.
By Glitch99
Coasterphreak wrote:
Glitch99 wrote:Is there any hope of finding a somewhat quieter scarowinds night at all? My nephew really wants to go, but he complains the line is to long at ricochet when the line is past the first switchback (but still on the ramp). I suspect it'll be hours wasted for literally minutes of entertainment, especially given the 90-minute drive to get there.

The generally accepted wisdom used to be that Sunday nights were slower, but that no longer seems to be the case. I'd suggest waiting for bad weather because that tends to keep the crowds away, although these days Carowinds seems to be pretty quick to close up shop if it looks like the weather is going to keep the crowds away and/or shut down a significant number of attractions for an extended period of time.

Thanks, that was the feeling I was getting too.
coasterbruh wrote:It's too many variables to say you will absolutely wait the same amount of time regardless if it is 3 or 7 houses. Popularity plays a huge part in the equation, as well as location and time of the event. Take Knott's Scary Farms for example. If you start from the back and work your way to the front, you are working against the crowd, thus making your wait times must less overall as the haunts in the back tend to have little to no wait times at the beginning of the event. However, if you start at the front, you are going with the flow and are almost guaranteed to experience the same long waits as the herd traverses the park.

It's funny seeing people post their experience at parks that I happen to be at during the same time and they not be able to do everything and I was able to do it all and leave much earlier. So no, the time in line will not be the same regardless of the number of houses. More capacity is better.

I thought I was agreeing with you? :think:

That was assuming average expectations from just going from attraction to attraction; of course you can leverage a little strategy to get better results, but that's true no matter how many attractions there are. If you're behind 100 people in line, you're waiting about the same total time whether those 100 people are spread out over 2 lines or 10 lines.
By Justin
It was a great, clean crowd out tonight, Friday, Sept 27. Very respectful, more family friendly atmosphere and none of that riff raff the previous two weeks. The crowds were large but the park didn't seem crowded. The fog stuck around. Also, it looks like they finished the Scarowinds build. Every year the first three weekends, Scarowinds is never fully set up, ya know?

On another note, what is the name of the short black guy with the puffy hair? He does the board and cylinder act in Seasons' and Overlord's Revenge. I think he is an extremely talented performer, he's got great swagger and moves, and kind of sexy too lol. We are lucky we have him at Carowinds! Anyone else agree??

I think the most underwealming performer is the female that does the fire twirling. Doesn't seem likes she's into it. And she spits out the liquor and wipes her mouth like it's yucky or something--looks amateurish
By Edwardo
They don’t use liquor, they use a paraffin mix. And it is disgusting.
By yawetag
Justin wrote:I think the most underwealming performer is the female that does the fire twirling. Doesn't seem likes she's into it. And she spits out the liquor and wipes her mouth like it's yucky or something--looks amateurish

She didn't even spit fire when I was there last week. But I'll add that everything she did looked amateurish.
By Justin
It's Carowinds we are talking about, not fancy-schmancy Busch Gardens, so I'll keep my expectations low LOL
By tarheel1231
A bit unrelated, but if any of you here live in the Triangle, I’d recommend Panic Point in Youngsville. The attractions are obviously lower budget than SCarowinds, but they’re more creative and effective.
By coasterbruh
How are the fights?
By tarheel1231
coasterbruh wrote:How are the fights?

I didn’t witness any fights, but with the amount of unsupervised teens running loose, I’m sure it’s inevitable. :/
By coasterbruh
I'm here for the fights . . .