General Carowinds discussion
By Edwardo
Vortex sways because it was designed to sway. And major refurbishments and yearly work aren’t the same thing.

You’ll see rides like that removed when ridership and cost of maintenance have a wide gap. No need to maintain something not enough people ride, especially on a large plot of land that can house something else that contributes more to the park’s capacity.
By coasterbruh
Let's be honest, vortex sucked. Yeah, it look great and is visually appealing but the ride is not comfortable and there would (in my opinion) would not be any way to make it a more bearable experience.
By Edwardo
It would take new rolling stock and the removal/replacement of several elements of the layout.

Which isn’t going to happen.
By RiDeWaRrIoR
1 year ago today track went up on Copperhead Strike (supports started Oct 1st).
Attachments
By Hiveminded
And West Coast Racers still isn't open. (Has it even finished track work yet?)

Copperhead went up really quickly I feel like, if nothing else but by comparison to the above.
By uscbandfan
Lit wrote:Local news is reporting that Six Flags may merge with or acquire Cedar Fair. Get ready for SIX FLAGS OVER NC/SC BORDER!!!

This may be worthy of a new thread.

I hope not. Cedar Fair has already expressed their interest in making Carowinds the “Cedar Point of the South”. Who knows what Six Flags may do.

Probably would be "Six Flags over the Carolinas"
By LocoDriver
uscbandfan wrote:
Lit wrote:Local news is reporting that Six Flags may merge with or acquire Cedar Fair. Get ready for SIX FLAGS OVER NC/SC BORDER!!!

I hope not. Cedar Fair has already expressed their interest in making Carowinds the “Cedar Point of the South”. Who knows what Six Flags may do.

I started a thread on it yesterday and a moderator deleted it for some reason.
By coasterbruh
LocoDriver wrote:
uscbandfan wrote:

I started a thread on it yesterday and a moderator deleted it for some reason.

Wormy wrote:
jordN1414 wrote:Why were post from yesterday with the article deleted?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4930

They're all consolidated here. Posts were branching out in about three different places so ..
By Cameron
The fact that the conference was canceled probably to avoid the Q&A dosen't look good but again. I think they will sell off the smaller, low performance parks.

Parks like Carowinds, CP, KBF, CW, KI, KD are probably all safe.