General Carowinds discussion
By tarheel1231
gabed wrote:Very interesting. The rapids plot would be a great spot for the next coaster, especially if you put the station/entrance where the theater is like Tarheel said.

Just imagine it. A GCI where you turn right and cross over the maintenance road , go up a 90 foot lift hill, and drop 100 feet into a tunnel. Then you fly through the woods on a ride that’s like a combination of Texas Stingray and Raven.

Aaaaand I’ve ruined the thread.
By Cameron
I could totally see this happening. It's gonna be alot of work but I love the idea. The old theater is out of date and not aging well.

With a few expansion areas of course. Remove yo-yo finally too.

I hope this rumor is actually true and if not... Take note Carowinds lol

Though it might just be easier to tear down and rebuild honestly.
Attachments
By coasterbruh
What would they do in the expanded (blue) areas?
By yawetag
Why style it after the old Plantation entrance, though? That would stick out in that area of the park - unless it's part of a full overhaul of that section.
By Cameron
I guess the front blue area could be the lobby with a snack and drinks bar.

The side one is just an expansion if needed.

I think that if this is true we may have our theme for the crossroads area.

Plantation Square or Carolina showplace. I like the first one tho.
By tarheel1231
My wish for that area is to become somewhat of a garden with fountains and topiaries. If they’re replacing PvZ with an antebellum-style theater, it would make for a nice courtyard.
By Cameron
Exactly what I envisioned when I first read this article.
Attachments
By coasterbruh
I think YOYO could still blend in with that theme. Ok ok, let me not make this a wishlist 5.0
By Cavan
God you guys are annoying. Love it though.

So, I think we agree on the following:

1) Rapids is dead
2) a roller coaster will replace it
3) one of the following assets will be removed, not refurbished (may or may not be involved with new coaster)
a) Vortex
b) Hurler
c) Cyclone
d) Theatre ( new stage setup in PvZ or Dinos)

Within 20-30 years, all of these attractions will be demolished, it's just a matter of order.
By sorashaun
I don’t think PvZ is going anywhere. At least not in the foreseeable future. I also think this rumor is too specific to not hold some weight to it.
By Capler
Cameron wrote:I guess the front blue area could be the lobby with a snack and drinks bar.

The side one is just an expansion if needed.

I think that if this is true we may have our theme for the crossroads area.

Plantation Square or Carolina showplace. I like the first one tho.

You know good and well that something named Plantation is never coming back to the park, or anywhere else for that matter.
By Capler
Cavan wrote:God you guys are annoying. Love it though.

1) Rapids is dead
3) one of the following assets will be removed, not refurbished (may or may not be involved with new coaster)
a) Vortex
b) Hurler
c) Cyclone

Within 20-30 years, all of these attractions will be demolished, it's just a matter of order.

That is like saying, in 110 years everyone reading this forum will be dead. I'd say they all will be gone within 10 years.
By coasterbruh

1) Rapids is dead
a) Vortex
b) Hurler
c) Cyclone

We, as in I, do not agree with any of those statements other than rapids is dead. Right now nothing points to nothing. It's all speculation and a new version of a wishlist thread thinly veiled as something else.
By Cavan
Capler wrote:

1) Rapids is dead
a) Vortex
b) Hurler
c) Cyclone

That is like saying, in 110 years everyone reading this forum will be dead. I'd say they all will be gone within 10 years.

I hope so. Likely 15. There is definitely a shift in attitude about old rides nation wide. The world wants luxury. The sentimental value of rides doesn't entertain or appeal like it did just a decade ago. We can officially count on Carowinds to roll out large coaster projects every few years, thanks to the growth of Charlotte, the growth of the Carolinas, and the smart business practices of Cedar Fair.

F YOU SIX FLAGS