General Carowinds discussion
By tarheel1231
pproteinc wrote:^ Tarheel do an overlay of the Southern Star plot just to see how it would look please.

It just barely fits!

By coasterbruh
Am I the only one who's like "meh" when it comes to those type rides . . .
By RollerBee
Edwardo wrote:See, Like I said, that turn on Afterburn doesn’t give enough clearance.

But yet you believed those water slides would stay and Electrospin would still fit.
By Edwardo
coasterbruh wrote:Am I the only one who's like "meh" when it comes to those type rides . . .

I think they’re fun, but again, a Discovery would be much better than a Mondial (because they’re definitely not interested in Huss).

Maybe Protein Shake and Amos can convince Pat to let them design the next area renovation (LOL).
By uscbandfan
Not really into those type of rides myself either. But, I'm not against one being in the park because a lot of people like them. Does the back-swing go over populated areas in other parks? I'm not that familiar. I know that Barnstormer is a similar ride at Dollywood but doesn't swing over populated areas. Just wondering if back-swinging over the parking lot is even considerable with the possible issue of falling objects to people and vehicles. Probably would be an extra insurance expense at the very least. (I wouldn't want to park under it.)
By JWitter
What's the likelihood that we ever receive another dueling woodie type coaster? Or, how long before we end up with a new woodie?
By coasterbruh
With a steady decline of wooden coasters being built, I think its very unlikely Carowinds would get dueling wooden coasters. I do, however, see them getting a wooden coaster in the future. If it were a six flags park I would be a little more skeptical.
By gabed
A good wooden coaster is arguably the biggest hole in our lineup now. Given Cedar Fair’s great track record with GCI, I’ll be surprised if that’s not next on the list. Granted, I swore up and down that Project Alpha would be a GCI and we know how that turned out.

GCI’s also work great in wooded areas, and wouldn't you know, Carowinds just so happens to have a heavily wooded plot which just opened up :wink:
By RollerBee
gabed wrote:A good wooden coaster is arguably the biggest hole in our lineup now. Given Cedar Fair’s great track record with GCI, I’ll be surprised if that’s not next on the list. Granted, I swore up and down that Project Alpha would be a GCI and we know how that turned out.

GCI’s also work great in wooded areas, and wouldn't you know, Carowinds just so happens to have a heavily wooded plot which just opened up :wink:

We had a good wooden coaster, it didn’t age well and they added a trim brake to her.
By coasterbruh
gabed wrote:Carowinds just so happens to have a heavily wooded plot which just opened up :wink:

It wouldn't be so wooded once they remove virtually all of those threes and fix the infrastructure. I could see if it were an out and back coaster but the rapids spot is relatively small and only a thunderhead style coaster could be able to fit in that spot.
By gabed
coasterbruh wrote:only a thunderhead style coaster could be able to fit in that spot.

Fine by me
By pproteinc
Edwardo wrote:See, Like I said, that turn on Afterburn doesn’t give enough clearance.

I’ve been on rides that are much closer. Plus this is a layout at KD. The que line can be rerouted differently and it can be place some what angled more or brought out a tab more because there is a huge midway that can be taken from and not hurt traffic much.