General Carowinds discussion
By Dukeis#1
While I haven't seen one of Paramount's latest movies, Timeline, I was wondering if the plot of the movie could somehow be used to create a very interesting ride expierience.

And I don't mean naming a roller coaster after the movie, I mean perhaps making some sort of Universal/Disney-ish attraction, similar to Jaws, Kongfrontation, Jurassic Park, or The Great Movie Ride.

Paramount has proven they have the ability to make themed indoor attractions, such as The Outer Limits(FOF) and Tomb Raider, but do you think they could pull off something like this? Any Ideas?
By Cephas
Theoretically, they could theme the new flying coaster to Timeline, because you would get in the "time machiene" in the station and then "fly" through time.

I have never seen the movie and all of this is from what I have read on the movie's website.

Carowinds wouldn't make a movie ride, it would be too expensive and not enough people would ride it.

I personally think that if they do anything with Timeline,they should get a Huss swing and theme it like the chaos of time travel to the 14th century.
By Dukeis#1
Cephas wrote: Theoretically, they could theme the new flying coaster to Timeline, because you would get in the "time machiene" in the station and then "fly" through time.

I have never seen the movie and all of this is from what I have read on the movie's website.

Carowinds wouldn't make a movie ride, it would be too expensive and not enough people would ride it.

I personally think that if they do anything with Timeline,they should get a Huss swing and theme it like the chaos of time travel to the 14th century.

Well, I know we probably wouldn't, since we only have 1.8 million guests per-year, (I doubt any Paramount Park would) but I'm saying "what if..."
By Cephas
Yes, I know, I'm like that too.

I think that a movie in the FX theater about general time travel might be cool, and not just specifically about Timeline. I they do anything with timeline, a motion simulator movie is the road they will probably take.
By Trev32
i think that it would make a great theme,

here is a good idea,make a tunnel at the bottom of the drop and over the fist turn and make it really dark,then theme the rest to the 14th century,then in the corkscrews put tunnels over them so it' like going back into the 21st century :D woulden't that be cool? but it might take a lotta money.
By The Anomaly
Tunnels...that was something that I was hoping that they added to the ride with maybe a strobing effect inside of it or something innovative.
By Cephas
Something cool like the mist on top gun, or at least it was cool until it got old and it didn't seem as special anymore...
...and so will the themeing on stealth...
...the mist feels good on a hot day, expecially on front row.

Rember the covered transfer in the ride plans, and the tunnel from the station to the lift, as I said before... ..."Can You Say Themeing!"
By Top Gun
Timeline may be a good theme, but it doesn't have to do with flying as much as Star Trek or The Write Brothers. As for the mist, that would be realy cool. Gysers could shoot up at you when flying over the river. But that's for Stealth, I think Timeline would make a better FX Theatore ride.
By ghettopastries
"Carowinds wouldn't make a movie ride, it would be too expensive and not enough people would ride it." - that makes absolutely no sense.

I'd like to see a 4-D attraction in the Paramount Theater. Those are usually very popular and Paramount has a lot to work with in that department.
By Cephas
I was thinking about a tracked ride through a dark house with animatronic people to look at. The average age of the Carowinds visitor is too high, because the ride would probably be themed for children, because if they theme it to an R-rated movie, they couldn't let kids in. If Kids couldn't get in, then there parents probably aren't going to ride. If there was a scary dark-ride open 150 days a year, then scarowinds wouldn't seem as special to the people who go for the haunted houses. Then because there is no incentive to go, the amount of visitors to scarowinds would drop, because they can get the experience all the time.

Writing this has convinced me that carowinds needs a Haunted House...not too scary for kids though, but just right. Oh, and a bit of humor sprinkeled in. :D
By ghettopastries
I think an Addam's Family restaurant would be a good idea. The facade could be a replica of their house? Personally, I'd like to see more movie shops and restaurants.

Cephas, on regards to the haunted house, thats why they have Scooby Doo's Haunted Mansion. Also, just because it is named or themed after an R-rated movie, doesn't mean a child could not ride? Most R-rated movies are rated R because of language, violence, or nudity. As long as it doesn't involve any of those, which it wouldn't because it's a theme park, they will let anyone who is tall enough to ride on the attraction, whether it is rated R or not. It's not like they are showing the entire movie anyways. ;)
By coasterbruh
Cephas wrote: I was thinking about a tracked ride through a dark house with animatronic people to look at. The average age of the Carowinds visitor is too high, because the ride would probably be themed for children, because if they theme it to an R-rated movie, they couldn't let kids in. If Kids couldn't get in, then there parents probably aren't going to ride. If there was a scary dark-ride open 150 days a year, then scarowinds wouldn't seem as special to the people who go for the haunted houses. Then because there is no incentive to go, the amount of visitors to scarowinds would drop, because they can get the experience all the time.

Writing this has convinced me that carowinds needs a Haunted House...not too scary for kids though, but just right. Oh, and a bit of humor sprinkeled in. :D

Ok since when did rides have movie ratings..............rides never turn people around. Just as scarowinds never said you had to be a certain age.......it just said recommended. Tomb raider is rated PG-13.........do you think no one under 13 rides it.

If a haunted house was in fact open all year then i dont see why scarowinds wouldnt be special. First, the ride probably wont feature live people doing the scaring and that would be only one haunt compared to a theme park full of haunts and scariness.

where do you get your theories from..........
By Cephas
Trying to back up the fact why a Disney-like movie ride at Carowinds would be impractable.

When I suggested a hounted house, I forgot about the Scooby Doo Ride, after all, It's not a really notable experience and it is forgetable...

I never said that rides had ratings, but do you think that a 6 year old is gonna want to ride/enjoy a ride like the tourture museum at the renassance festaval? Also, I think most people would only want to ride this ride once or twice. Then they know what it's like and will only ride it if its raining and there's nothing else to do. Just because I know somebody's going to use this example, in a rollercoaster you get the experience of being high up, seeing for miles, traveling really fast, weightlessness, being up-sid-down, and extreme g-forces, you just don't normally get those things in a normal, stereotypical day. In a dark ride, things just jump out in front of you; after a while that gets boring. If they got a dark-ride, they would need to change it a bit each season.
By Dukeis#1
Cephas wrote: Trying to back up the fact why a Disney-like movie ride at Carowinds would be impractable.

When I suggested a hounted house, I forgot about the Scooby Doo Ride, after all, It's not a really notable experience and it is forgetable...

I never said that rides had ratings, but do you think that a 6 year old is gonna want to ride/enjoy a ride like the tourture museum at the renassance festaval? Also, I think most people would only want to ride this ride once or twice. Then they know what it's like and will only ride it if its raining and there's nothing else to do. Just because I know somebody's going to use this example, in a rollercoaster you get the experience of being high up, seeing for miles, traveling really fast, weightlessness, being up-sid-down, and extreme g-forces, you just don't normally get those things in a normal, stereotypical day. In a dark ride, things just jump out in front of you; after a while that gets boring. If they got a dark-ride, they would need to change it a bit each season.

Have to disagree there. Just because people get there initial scare the first time around doesn't mean that they won't ride again. People re-ride rides like Jaws and Kongfrontation if anything to see what scared them so bad the first time around.

While I do think one of those Multi-Million dollar rides would be out of the question, I don't see why they couldn't do a heavily themed roller coaster, like OL: Flight of Fear or Rockin N' Roller Coaster.
By Cephas
I never said they shouldn't heavily theme a coaster and I think it's a great idea!