General Carowinds discussion
By montumax
Since I'm laid up with a respiratory infection and nothing better to do...

The Steel Coaster polls results are up. (http://www.geocities.com/wcoasterpoll)

Carowinds coasters ranked..

Top Gun #21
Stealth #118
Saturator #140
Vortex #156
Cyclone #205
Goldrusher #219

I don't recall seeing Ricochet. Might have missed it.

I think Top Gun was the 5th best inverted (Behind Nemesis, Montu, Fire Dragon, and Raptor.) Its amazing how people claim that Montu isn't that great of a ride with it being braked like it is. But, I've enjoyed every ride on it and I don't let the braking "bother" me like it does some people. I still prefer Montu over Top Gun by a long shot. Then again...I like Ice Dragon better...LOL

I'm really suprised at the Saturator placing above the other three coasters. Maybe its the fun factor of the ride that causes it to place so high.

Any thoughts?

Max
who's waiting for the med to kick in
By coasterbruh
Well i think thats pretty impressive being that the ranking is out of 260+ coasters. That proves to me that pound for pound PC has a pretty good coaster selection. Im amazed that any coaster at PC beat out rides like hypersonic, alpengeist, and GASM.

Hats off to PC for holding their grounds in the coaster community!! ;)
By LocoDriver
I'm curious as to how Stealth will rank next year with the new location and theming.
By montumax
Well...its still a Vekoma....now where's that puking emoticon when you need him :)
By Cephas
I don't care if a coaster has mid-ride brakes, take Kumba for instance-which is my favorite coaster. :D
By Dukeis#1
Hmm, I 've only rode F. S. Saturator twice since it opened. I don't like getting that wet in my normal day cloths.

I'm not quite sure how it beat out Vortex either. Oh Well...
By Jonathan
Woah, that was a very nice jump upward for Top Gun, and I didn't even vote in the steel poll this year to boost it even more (let the deadline slip by).
By Trev32
i'm not suprised for top gun,i've seen about 6 ppl's "top ten" coaster lists and Top gun was on all of them,but for the saturator,HOW IN THE HECK DID THAT GET ABOVE CYCLONE AND VORTEX!?!?
By Cephas
The fun factor, and there aren't that many of them (3?), while there are hundreds of arrow corkscrew coasters and dozens of B&M stand ups.

Hey, we had the first inverted water coaster! Super Saturator. Cool! Carowinds holds a special record. Was the cyclone the first coaster to go up-side-down 4 times?
By johnboy11213
Yes, Cyclone was the first coaster to go upside down first. I think Vortex and Cyclone should be ahead of F.S.S.
By Trev32
johnboy11213 wrote: Yes, Cyclone was the first coaster to go upside down first. I think Vortex and Cyclone should be ahead of F.S.S.

Actually Cyclone was the first coaster to go upsidown FOUR time,Revolution at Six Flags Magic Mountain was the first to go upsidown.

And yes saturator was the WORLD'S first interactive water inverted coaster,that's pretty cool

wow carowinds has at least 1 country record(fist coaster to cross states lines whichis goldrush) and at least 2 WORLD records(FSS and Cyclone),can anybody else think of any others?
By johnboy11213
Oops my bad, I meant to put four times instead of first.
By johnboy11213
Oops double post
By Dukeis#1
Trev32 wrote:
johnboy11213 wrote: Yes, Cyclone was the first coaster to go upside down first. I think Vortex and Cyclone should be ahead of F.S.S.

Actually Cyclone was the first coaster to go upsidown FOUR time,Revolution at Six Flags Magic Mountain was the first to go upsidown.

And yes saturator was the WORLD'S first interactive water inverted coaster,that's pretty cool

wow carowinds has at least 1 country record(fist coaster to cross states lines whichis goldrush) and at least 2 WORLD records(FSS and Cyclone),can anybody else think of any others?

Actually, <a href='http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery177.htm?Picture=1' target='_blank'>Corkscrew</a> at Knott's Berry Farm in 1975 was the first modern coaster to go upside down, followed by the <a href='http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery168.htm?Picture=2' target='_blank'>Wabash Cannonball</a> at Opryland USA(R.I.P.)

However, you are right in that Revolution was the first ride to go through a Verticle Loop instead of a corkscrew.

And I'm not sure about C. Cyclone being the first coaster to go upside down four times. I think the <a href='http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery3.htm?Picture=3' target='_blank'>Demon Clones</a> (which are what the Carolina Cyclone was based on) at the Great America Parks re-opened at least a month before Carolina Cyclone. You could say that CC was the first coaster built from scratch to have Four Inversions though.
By coasterbruh
True you are but if you did more research you would found of that the vertical loops were added in 1980 so actually CC was the first to open that year i guess before the others did.

Actually it is Thunder Road that holds the stateline title (although it does look as if the goldrusher does infact cross but hey is that line accurate), and if i may show off some park triva........The lazy river, Rambling Rivers, also crosses the stateline during its course