General Carowinds discussion
By drpeppuh93
it seems almost everyone who has posted in this thread has said they'd like to see a giga in our park, though there seems to be mixed opinions on whether we want an intamin or B&M.
I personally want an Intamin b/c we already have Intimidator (and in my opinion Behemoth and Leviathan look WAY too much alike). An Intamin would look like an entirely new kind of ride for the park, other than a larger version of Intimidator.

What does everyone else think?
(and if this needs to be made into it's own thread i apologize)
By Wolf
As much as we all want one, we will probably not be getting a Giga coaster for a long time.

1. We just got Intimidator
2. Intimidator is already the longest, tallest, fastest ride in the southeast
3. A Giga would steal Intimidator's thunder
4. Carowinds may not have the money right now
5. Even if they did, the amount of visitors Carowinds gets probably won't increase significantly enough to propel its revenue past the money spent for the new giga coaster (which probably will cost a ton)

I give it 3 years or more before Carowinds even considers another ride as big as Intimidator.

... But really, who DOESN'T want one? It makes it onto my wish list.
By Picklesthedrummer
Wolf wrote:As much as we all want one, we will probably not be getting a Giga coaster for a long time.

1. We just got Intimidator
2. Intimidator is already the longest, tallest, fastest ride in the southeast
3. A Giga would steal Intimidator's thunder
4. Carowinds may not have the money right now
5. Even if they did, the amount of visitors Carowinds gets probably won't increase significantly enough to propel its revenue past the money spent for the new giga coaster (which probably will cost a ton)

That didn't stop Canada's Wonderland from getting a giga after just getting Behemoth which is just like Intimidator.
By Picklesthedrummer
I think I would want an Intamin giga if it is more like Millennium Force and not Intimidator 305. I have not ridden I305 yet, but I know the restraints on it will be killer like it was on Maverick. Lap bars are the best. Since it seems like Intamin leans more to the painful over the shoulder retrains, I would have to say I would prefer the comfort of a B&M Giga.
By TrojanCamMan
We need dueling Woodstock Gliders, put them out where those 2 game tents are down in thrill zone and name it Dueling Pterodactyls, but try to avoid copyright from universal of course. And then buy a few animatronic dinos to put around it.
The Gliders i'm serious about, the dinosaur part, completely being mean to all of the great Dinosaurs Alive!'s.
By Picklesthedrummer
TrojanCamMan wrote:We need dueling Woodstock Gliders, put them out where those 2 game tents are down in thrill zone and name it Dueling Pterodactyls, but try to avoid copyright from universal of course. And then buy a few animatronic dinos to put around it.
The Gliders i'm serious about, the dinosaur part, completely being mean to all of the great Dinosaurs Alive!'s.

Just as long as we don't need to pay extra to ride Woodstock Gliders lol.
By RollerBee
drpeppuh93 wrote:it seems almost everyone who has posted in this thread has said they'd like to see a giga in our park, though there seems to be mixed opinions on whether we want an intamin or B&M.
I personally want an Intamin b/c we already have Intimidator (and in my opinion Behemoth and Leviathan look WAY too much alike). An Intamin would look like an entirely new kind of ride for the park, other than a larger version of Intimidator.

I will pass on a giga, pretty much the Force and Leviathan are the just a combo of Intimidator and Hurler. Hurler focuses on speed and Intimidator focuses on airtime. The only difference between a hyper and a giga is height and speed. This comes from a person who likes Magnum better than the Force and Thunder Road better than Afterburn. Intimidator is the best Carowinds coaster even if I can barely fit in it.
By jsz1002
Picklesthedrummer wrote:I think I would want an Intamin giga if it is more like Millennium Force and not Intimidator 305. I have not ridden I305 yet, but I know the restraints on it will be killer like it was on Maverick. Lap bars are the best. Since it seems like Intamin leans more to the painful over the shoulder retrains, I would have to say I would prefer the comfort of a B&M Giga.

I've been on I305 and the restraints aren't bad at all. There's really no way that ride can have just a lap bar. I would LOVE to have a ride like it at Carowinds. It's still the best steel coaster i've ever ridden.
By jsz1002
RollerNut wrote:
drpeppuh93 wrote:it seems almost everyone who has posted in this thread has said they'd like to see a giga in our park, though there seems to be mixed opinions on whether we want an intamin or B&M.

I will pass on a giga, pretty much the Force and Leviathan are the just a combo of Intimidator and Hurler. Hurler focuses on speed and Intimidator focuses on airtime. The only difference between a hyper and a giga is height and speed. This comes from a person who likes Magnum better than the Force and Thunder Road better than Afterburn. Intimidator is the best Carowinds coaster even if I can barely fit in it.

I've only been on one Giga (I305) and it is nothing like the Carowinds Intimidator. Yes it is taller and faster, but really has no similarities at all to a hyper i've ever been on.
By Picklesthedrummer
jsz1002 wrote:I've been on I305 and the restraints aren't bad at all. There's really no way that ride can have just a lap bar. I would LOVE to have a ride like it at Carowinds. It's still the best steel coaster i've ever ridden.

Have you had a chance to ride Maverick at Cedar Point? Those restraints killed me. I hope to ride I305 within the next year and all the other great coasters at Kings Dominion.
By Picklesthedrummer
^We actually don't know the exact attendance of Carowinds since they will not release it. I do realize that Canada's Wonderland gets the highest seasonal attendance of a North American park.
By RollerBee
I also doubt KD will get a hyper since they have I305, KI may get a giga but I wouldn't buy stock in it yet. CGA is unlikely to get a pile of donuts.
By coasterbruh
Expand the water park, and I mean expand and not add a splash pool, cabanas and call it "doubling the size"!
Why not a B&M Dive machine?
Can I please have an aquatrax or a mack flume for the entire family?
You wanna "wow" me with a real dark ride?
Splash battle hear the water park?
Who doesn't enjoy a sit down BBQ resturant?