General Carowinds discussion
By Hiveminded
Just incase there was any doubt left in anyones mind... :(

http://i.imgur.com/QazCy78.jpg

They are kind of hard to use because its in an awkward position and Im not sure how I'm supposed to get it through the small gap between the armrest and the seat. I do have to say though that it does not effect the "out of seat" experience at all on the ride, you don't feel them at all if you manage to get a loose restraint (that they adjust for you now...)
By Mountain3307
I had a ride op jump up and push my restraint down further than It could go.. I told her to stop after the second extra click.. she was still trying to push it down further!! When she got done, my legs were tingling, seatbelt buckle digging into my abdomen.. Unacceptable. Ride ops shouldn't staple people into their seats.

On the second ride today I lifted up my legs and pushed up under the clamshell as she was lowering it. I again had to tell her to stop.. Much more comfortable. It didn't affect the ride at all, however the line was at the tunnel and it still took us 20 minutes to get boarded.

Top-burns paint job looks great.! The airplane is fixed and looks sexy.. I've always had a thing for the F-14 Tomcat, retired way before it's time.. However, I also noticed an error on the tailfins.. VF-124 is the 'gunfighters', not the fighting 103.. Please fix it...

The second stapling incident happened twice today, the second time on afterburn. My youngin' was complaining her legs were numb before we started. She had a hard time getting off the ride because they were 'asleep' when we got done. I understand it's the first of the season, and the powers that be reads these boards..

Stop telling your operators to push the restraints down further than comfortable.

Our rides were done after this.. no need to endure the suffering today. We walked around And enjoyed the improvements in progress. Then left.
By Wormy
Thanks for the reports and pic . Here’s the clearest one yet sent by swampfox43. Hope he’ll elaborate later.

The admins here were visiting parks this weekend that don’t put seatbelts on B&M hypers.

If you feel the need to gripe about your experience this weekend and in the future (reactions seem mixed), do it here - I have to guess that park staff and employees aren’t happy about this “corporate decision” either.

A potential overlooked buzzkill for those up there reading or lurking happily along - does this mean that we all have to put up with a year’s worth of speculation on whether or not Project White Centurion Lightnin’ 2015 will get said seatbelts? God I hope not. :roll:
By coasterfreak
One thing I wanna know from someone who rode with the belts this week...Are they made of a more elastic like material like the ones on Rip Roarin Rapids, or a generic belt?
By intaminboy
That yellow strap looks weird to me. Shouldn't the yellow strap be facing the other way towards the outside of the train so attendant as can pull on it quicker and easier?
By swampfox43
Wormy wrote:Thanks for the reports and pic . Here’s the clearest one yet sent by swampfox43. Hope he’ll elaborate later.

My take on the seatbelts. Not a problem at all. It took absolutely nothing away from the overall ride experience. Still plenty of airtime to be had. It's done, embrace it, cause there's nothing we can do about it.

My BIG complaint is the double-fisted, punch-gut stapling that occurred today. Where did this come from? I mean, this guys feet literally left the ground as he slammed the bar into my gut. I told him that was not necessary and I couldn't breathe now, so he released it and re-did my lap bar.

So, it's not the seatbelts that are the real problem (to me anyway) but the idea that they have to punch gut your lap bar.
By montumax
The stapling is what concerns me. It seems that some ride ops get a power trip and don't care if it hurts you or not. They just push down as hard as they can. I'm sure they're thinking that they're doing it for your safety. But, there should be some concern about the rider's comfort. I got stapled one time on Intimidator and it was utterly painful. I mentioned it to the op and she just walked off like she didn't care. One of the most painful rides ever.

The seat belts don't really bother me at this point. I can't really make a judgement on them until I've actually ridden it with the seat belts. And hopefully that will be in a couple of weeks.
By RollerBee
Strange, Opening Weekend at Reptar they were allowed to push on the harnesses at all other than push down pull up.
By Bigcoasterguy
This season I have begun sitting up in my seat and pressing my knees against the clam shell. That way when the shove it into your gut you can slide back into a normal sitting position with a safe but enjoyable amount of space. Im about 6 feet 4 inches tall so I can get away with it because my legs are so long. I'd say Afterburn huts the most when the slam that thing into you.
By Sharebear010
Long time reader, occasional poster as rollercoastermommy, but back to topic.

I went Saturday and of coarse they have the new seatbelts. I agree that they did not change the ride at all for me it was definitely them slamming the restraint into me. I am a chubbier girl more so in my leg area. And that ride op slammed the bar into my legs. I could not move at all. It was so uncomfortable. I really do hope they get better about that as the season goes on.
By RiDeWaRrIoR
I am wondering if this "gut slamming" thing is part of a new procedure to ensure no one falls out. This wasn't happening a few weeks ago when I was at the park last.... I am going to try to go this weekend since I didnt go yesterday. Sounds to me like safety is kicking into high gear.... I think it really sucks they added the seat belts but oh well I guess. How did it affect the loading times? I just think its unnecessary to have a seat belt on a roller coaster... but that is just me...
By theintimidator
Loading times were terrible... It took them 3 minutes to dispatch. Every train stacked. On Saturday, the line started at Cinnabon. On Sunday, we started at the tunnel, and took 30 minutes to get on. The employees I spoke with agree that it was a dumb move. Once Cedar Fair see's how dumb that was, they'll remove it just like they did with Nitro.
By Merthecat
theintimidator wrote:Loading times were terrible... It took them 3 minutes to dispatch. Every train stacked. On Saturday, the line started at Cinnabon. On Sunday, we started at the tunnel, and took 30 minutes to get on. The employees I spoke with agree that it was a dumb move. Once Cedar Fair see's how dumb that was, they'll remove it just like they did with Nitro.

Let's hope so...
By swampfox43
theintimidator wrote:Loading times were terrible... It took them 3 minutes to dispatch. Every train stacked. On Saturday, the line started at Cinnabon. On Sunday, we started at the tunnel, and took 30 minutes to get on. The employees I spoke with agree that it was a dumb move. Once Cedar Fair see's how dumb that was, they'll remove it just like they did with Nitro.

It wasn't nearly that bad Sunday. The park wasn't terribly crowded and my typical wait for Intimidator was between 5-10 minutes with lines only as far back as the tunnel under the brake run.

I'll admit the trains were stacking a little more than I was use to seeing but all they do is punch the lap bar into your gut and pull the yellow tab on the seatbelt and move on. Takes a second more. I'm sure as the season moves on they get their rhythm back and prevent the stacking.

I'm thinking most of the delay comes from clueless riders that don't know how to unbuckle or buckle a seatbelt.
By theintimidator
I went around 5:00 and they were stacking a lot :( no offense, but they weren't doing real good this season yet, because they still need to get their rhythm, but even without seat belts, they stacked half the time, they were getting better too, now it just progressed backwards...