General Carowinds discussion
By Jay
You may have noticed reduced participation from your three moderators over the weekend, and that was for a good reason. We were on vacation! We took a little jaunt to Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World and Kings Island.

Your moderation team.

You may remember, the last time I went to Kings Island I took a little detour, which made this website explode with excitement, as our beloved Intimidator lay there in pieces, waiting to be shipped.

Remember this?

I had the bright idea to drag these guys back there under the guise of coming back to this site with hopefully pictures of the new Carowinds Giga track and a made up story about a "secret meeting" with B&M and Cedar Fair. I mean, seriously how odd would it be for the 3 Carowinds Connection moderators to "randomly" show up together at the steel fabrication plant for B&M? Surely no one here would be dumb enough to believe that made up story, right? :eh:

Unfortunately where as last time I went on a holiday and it was void of any people, this time it was bustling with activity. There would be no stopping for up close snooping, and even worse it's the same yellow and white track that's been there for months.

White and yellow track.

The yellow track is for a flying coaster in China, but I'm not sure what the white track is for. While it could be for us, I seriously doubt it. There is so much of it, where as last time only the first few pieces of Intimidator were out there. But at this point, nothing would surprise me.

Some trailers on their way to China.

There is no cause for concern however.. if it is B&M, and currently all signs point that way, there is still a long way to go. This visit was early June while the last time I went to see Intimidator it was early July. Hell there may even be track around the corner or in the building that we couldn't see. We certainly didn't stick around long.
By Wormy
Drive-by for what it's worth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTLvryTM8m4

Bear in mind, this was on a Monday - a workday with employees outside bustling about, and after multiple passes, there was no getting close enough to read 'barcodes' or otherwise be nuisances. I have my own theories as to what's going on here, but I'll keep my mouth shut for now. :silent:

Sure is white though...
By Jarsh
The white track... I think you might've stumbled upon pieces of our giga.

Look at Jonathan's TR from Canada's Wonderland (http://carowindsconnection.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3945) and look at the lift/first drop track pieces. They all have the same square, boxy, beam look to them verses normal B&M lift track pieces. Interesting...
By RollerBee
A white coaster! Better than another red! However I hope the whole coaster isnt white like WL was. If so, it could be the purest giga ever built.
By saxrokinhomo
I think a white coaster would look good in the park, plus if its going were most think it will (from thrill zone to by the entrance) white would make it stand out well from the interstate.
By CPFriedman
Couldn't this be part of something else... like a Hyper Coaster for Kings Dominion
By Jarsh
If the Centurion name that has been thrown around sticks, I'm betting on something of a darker tone for the supports. Maybe a dark yellow (goldish) or dark gray maybe. But with white track, any color support is possible.
By Jonathan
I have my doubts about this being the track for Carowinds, but the color would definitely fit with either a White Lightning or Centurion theme. I think the supports will be a bold color if this is indeed the track, because Cedar Fair seems to like bright colors and wants to make a statement at the front of the park.
By Jay
CPFriedman wrote:Couldn't this be part of something else... like a Hyper Coaster for Kings Dominion

Is that really a rumor? Seems like it would be a step backwards after I-305.

But I agree, lots of jumping to conclusions in the thread. I'm still very skeptical at the moment. But that being said it's definitely not an Inverted, Flying, or Dive coaster. A sit-down coaster hasn't been built in 6 years, and a stand-up hasn't been built in 15. So Hyper, Floorless or Wing are the only options left.

And again, I could only be seeing things that I want to see, but the pieces on the left here, look like they could form a nice looking overbanked turn....

By redrunner97
A lot of posters liked that suggested color-scheme of gold and white, so who knows? Maybe they agree?

Or this could not even be going to Carowinds. Lol.
By mark40511
Jay wrote:
CPFriedman wrote:Couldn't this be part of something else... like a Hyper Coaster for Kings Dominion

Is that really a rumor? Seems like it would be a step backwards after I-305.

But I agree, lots of jumping to conclusions in the thread. I'm still very skeptical at the moment. But that being said it's definitely not an Inverted, Flying, or Dive coaster. A sit-down coaster hasn't been built in 6 years, and a stand-up hasn't been built in 15. So Hyper, Floorless or Wing are the only options left.

And again, I could only be seeing things that I want to see, but the pieces on the left here, look like they could form a nice looking overbanked turn....

I know, right! Kings Dominion completely skipped a hyper and went straight to a giga...Carwinds has a hyper, now, hopefully, a Giga.....So Carowinds will have both, while Kings Dominion only has a giga. So perhaps they WILL add a hyper for Kings Dominion for the simple fact that they don't have one?? Who knows.