General Carowinds discussion
By mightyray23
Since no one has asked this question.WHAT WILL EXPECT TO SEE NEXT YEAR IN SCAROWINDS. What are your thoughts.New mazes or new scarezones etc. :wtf: :twisted:
By FamousAmos
I've never experienced SCarowinds, so I would have no idea. Perhaps more characters/actors.
By Littlegiles
I really feel it needs a revamp. I did a fairly "in depth" review in another Scarowinds thread. With my experience in the haunted industry I would love to get my hands on it. :twisted:

I really felt that people were walking around bored and frustrated. It was more about riding the rides at night and less about scaring, but that is just my opinion.

I'm sure that right now they are focused on Fury and the new entrance, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that some of the surprises are for Scarowinds.
By arby
I'm not sure that they need an entire revamp. In my opinion, they do a pretty good job for primarily being an amusement park. (still kicking myself that I didn't try out the skeleton key this year :s)

After going to HHN this year for the first time, I thought even more that SCarowinds is good. My biggest take away from HHN is that SCarowinds actually has too many 'actors' in the houses. Few actors at HHN startled me, it was more-so perfectly timed special effects. I also liked how Universal made good use of audio. From what I could tell, a lot of the people in the houses activated a recorded voice for themselves. There was very little of the exact same 'people hitting the wooden walls with something hard that made the same noise in every house.' The audio also gave a better ambiance in the houses.

In my personal opinion, focusing on those few areas would go a long way to take them to the next level rather than just bringing a new maze or haunt.
By mightyray23
Guys Carowinds just had a stream and Mike was walking through an untitled maze, it looks a little industrial Ex: Saws, factory looking, and body parts. We could be getting a slaughterhouse, replacing Fury/Viral or Silver scream sinema. 8) 8) 8)
By redrunner97
I hope to god whatever it is isn't replacing Silver Scream Sinema. That and 7th Ward (and to a lesser extent, Cornstalkers) are the only outstanding mazes in the entire park that are still standing.

Last year, evidently, was the final year for Last Laff 3D, if the headstones with the maze name etched into it are to be believed.

I would love if they used the Dinosaur's Alive space to do a rabid cavemen maze. Now that could be unique and really fun.
By Koallinbear
Put those dinosaurs to good use, putting shredded boy parts in their mouths and maybe new audio just for the maze :wink:
By FamousAmos
So, how are you getting those shredded boy parts??

Don't they use that building in Hurler's area as a maze? I know that there's a new path to get to it by walking behind Fury's station.
By Merthecat
FamousAmos wrote:So, how are you getting those shredded boy parts??

Don't they use that building in Hurler's area as a maze? I know that there's a new path to get to it by walking behind Fury's station.

Yep, that's Silver Scream Sinema.